3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:39 PM
brandonleemeyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

i havent looked through all these posts but i have an 03 regular cab 2500 hemi, when looking for my exhaust i knew i wanted somethin deep, not kackly. After getting on youtube i found some ****ty toyota clips, the guy had a banks monster on it. I figured if it can make that pickup sound good what would it do for mine. i'm only 20 so it was a big leap findin the cash to pay for the banks monster but oh man was it worth it. It has a totally unique sound, it does drone some in the cab some when pulling but man it just begs you to keep your foot in it.The 6x5 oval tip sticking out sure doesnt hurt cosmetically either

Old 01-14-2008, 10:10 AM
skram72

Hi everyone...I am new to this site and just wanted to add my exhaust experience
I have an 07 Ram 1500 QC 4X4 SLT
I wanted to make my truck more aggressive sounding and I dont know too much about the newer HEMI engines, so I took the truck to a local autorized FM dealer and he sold me 2 FM 40 series delta flow mufflers. I asked them specifically if they could do a true dual sys on this truck and they said yes no problem. I asked them if there would be any problems and the mechanic assured me there wouldnt be.Total cost was about $500. 5 days later the check engine light comes on inthe truck andis running hotter than usual. Called FM and spoke to a tech there and he advised me that the muffler shop sold and installed the wrong sys on my truck that those muffelers are too restrictive. So I called the shop back and they wanted to argue that this is what I wanted and that is what I got. Went back and forth for 30 minutes on the phone with the shop owner. Finallythe shop owneragreed to call FM and speak to the tech that I spoke to. Got a call back from the shop owner and he advised me that he and the tech at FM decided the best way to fix this problem was to install a super 40 dual in dual out on the trck and that will fix the problem. I called the FM tech back to see if the shop owner had called him and he said he did.The truck is at the shop now and they are doing the work at no cost to me thank God. Anyone new to this should research and ask questions, lots of questions. I didnt so shame on me. Lesson learned! Now I have to sit and hope this solution works.
Anyone had a simular experience?

[IMG]local://upfiles/81777/5D05D5BFBCE346EFABF869A4150903EA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
skram72

tried to edit my post to show my truck following the instructions given on this forum and it did work...did it a different way...wrong I am sure...sorry

Old 01-14-2008, 12:25 PM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Rig, Skram!

Old 01-14-2008, 12:29 PM
skram72

Thanx man...my 1st RAM and I am so damn proud of it!

Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 PM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is sexy....where did u get those flarez?

Old 01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
skram72

the truck was customized by a company called southern comfort conversions...the flares, lift, tires, wheels, paintand interior were done by them...lazy way out but a good starting point for someone as inexperienced as me with trucks

Old 01-15-2008, 01:04 AM
witeboywitawitehemi

hey everyone, just wanted to follow up on my previous posts by saying I ended up installing a cat back and the fm 59 hd. I absolutely love the sound and the performance so far! Its not crackly at all and really has that deep aggressive sound I was looking for. I highly recommend it to any hemi owner who is undecided. Thanks for all who helped me decide!
zack

Old 01-15-2008, 10:17 AM
05redhemi
Professional

ORIGINAL: witeboywitawitehemi

hey everyone, just wanted to follow up on my previous posts by saying I ended up installing a cat back and the fm 59 hd. I absolutely love the sound and the performance so far! Its not crackly at all and really has that deep aggressive sound I was looking for. I highly recommend it to any hemi owner who is undecided. Thanks for all who helped me decide!
zack
hey zack do u think you could get us a vid or sound clip of it because im really interested in the fm 50 hd except i have huge 4"x27" long tips ima gunna put on

Old 01-15-2008, 12:26 PM
skram72

update on my previous post about exhaust experience

I got my truck back last night and it was running great. sound of the super 40 is exactly what I was hoping for, however while driving to a job interview this morning the check engine light came on again 15 minutes after I left the house. I dont know if this is potientially dangerous for the engine or not? So when I got home I disconnected the battery with the key in the ignition turned on, left it for 15 minutes then started the truck upand that cleared the alarm. I took it out and no alram yet.FM tech advised me to do that, he said it would reboot the computer and that the computer would then accept the new exhaust. Something to do with oxygen flow sensors. This was the 1st mod I did to the truck and now I am afraid to drive the truck much less do anymore mods to it.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!