3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:29 PM
bigjrussell
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Anyone try out the Flowmaster 44? Listened to a few sound clips and like what I hear.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:31 PM
theHemiBeast
Professional

ORIGINAL: Pirata

I'm sorry I didn't post it earlier but here's the video of my super 40 on my truck with the rear resonator removed.

http://www.colonialpanama.com/misc/d...r_Super_40.wmv

I might make a longer and better one this afternoon but it depends on what else I have going on.
That sounds pretty good. How is the interior drone when MDS kicks in?

Old 06-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the windows up you can't hear it. With the windows down you can hear it at low speeds but not at freeway speeds. I would say that don't completely take my word on the sound because my hearing is getting bad so I can't always hear everything that someone with good ears can.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:43 PM
theHemiBeast
Professional

When I had my Charger, I put 2 Super 40's and left the rear resos off. Man, was that a mind numbing drone when I hit between 1800 and 2100 RPMs. I think becaus eof my experience with that, I may lok at the 50 HDs. Yours sounds good though.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Mattcmdr
Professional

welll i have a 4.7 L with gibsons super truck side exit it exits in front of the passenger side rear tire and by far it is louder then my friend with a 2000 5.9L dual flowmaster 40's adn not only louder it isnt jsut a straight loud exhasut if sounds more of a race type then jsut anoyingly loud

Old 06-28-2007, 05:40 PM
ctatwo

Hey Guys,

First off, I'm new to this forum and like to say hi to ya'll...

I just bought and installed the Magnaflow cat-back Dual Rear exit (Magnaflow part no. 16700) on my '06 Q/C Hemi and it sounds very good. There is not a ton of cabin noise unless you want it. Crusing down the highway at 65-70 it is fairly quiet. When you open it up, it has a real nice agressive sound. I will post a vid as soon as possible.

Charlie

Old 06-29-2007, 03:01 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Hi ctatwo,
Welcome to da forums

Old 06-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

wow, 1 guy posted with borla...it was between borla and corsa for me....decided to go with borla exhaust but corsa tips....gotta have the best of both worlds...if it was my firehawk (which i am not modding) i would have gone corsa though...in my eyes, borla and corsa both provide very distinct sound...a sound in which you dont hear everyday...i noticed the other guy with borla said that most people here dont like borla, why is that?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

wow, 1 guy posted with borla...it was between borla and corsa for me....decided to go with borla exhaust but corsa tips....gotta have the best of both worlds...if it was my firehawk (which i am not modding) i would have gone corsa though...in my eyes, borla and corsa both provide very distinct sound...a sound in which you dont hear everyday...i noticed the other guy with borla said that most people here dont like borla, why is that?
Ouch In yer eyes!?

No reason I can think of. Might be availability or cost. I really couldn’t tell ya.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:13 PM
revillusion757
Rookie

I got a gibson exhaust on my ram. Its really nice, let me remind you I have the 4.7. It sounds like a corvette, yet a deeper tone, and its is less rattly sounding. I would get the gibson split dual rear like I did. If you want a sound clip of the 4.7 with the gibson exhaust, just message me asking to do it, and then i'll post a video on this forum of it.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!