3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

GIBSON Dual Extreme Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004 | 01:25 PM
Fahad_600
Default GIBSON Dual Extreme Exhaust

who have GIBSON Dual Extreme Exhaust ?
and how were you able to fit it with the spare wheel ?

any pics will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Old 09-30-2004 | 09:48 PM
bullitt1229
Professional
Default RE: GIBSON Dual Extreme Exhaust

I just ordered the Gibson Super Truck Exhaust for my truck off of jcwhitney.com. They were offering free shipping until today and I think they were also offering 10% off as well, but not in conjunction with the free shipping. Shipped to my door it is $295.95. I can't wait until it gets here. I feel like a kid at christmas time.

Old 10-03-2004 | 08:01 PM
drtelco
Professional

Not to sure about the Gibson....I know one thing for sure....a dual exhaust will lower your low-end torque.

Old 10-03-2004 | 10:53 PM
Lil Devil

ORIGINAL: drtelco

Not to sure about the Gibson....I know one thing for sure....a dual exhaust will lower your low-end torque.
agreed!

Old 10-04-2004 | 08:07 PM
Tat

If dual exhaust will lower your low end torque, will single exhaust out keep it the same with the added sound?

Old 10-04-2004 | 09:28 PM
Drew
Professional

you could have your stock single exhaust, then put on a 3.5 inch single exhaust and get the same effect as the dual. but then you could also lower the size of the dual exhaust and retain your low end. It's all about the measured size of the exhaust valves which relates to the size of the exhaust pipe needed to give the engine maximum performance. a larger pipe will give you more HP on the top end cause you can remove the gases quicker from the cylinder, but at the same time your lowering your low end torque since the exhaust is moving out of the cylinders faster also increasing your red line a bit. however a smaller exhaust will give you more bottom end power, but also at the same time drasticaly reduce your power band since the engine has to work harder to expel the gasses at higher RPM.

I noticed this when I yanked off the exhaust on my yoda and put on headers and a performance exhaust. now while the size of the pipes were the same, I was able to move the exhaust gasses out of the cylinders faster which meant I was lowering my bottom end power, yet I gained alot of upper RPM power and some fuel mileage. however thats my little street burner so it doesnt see lower than 2000rpm unless idleing.

if your wanting to keep the stock performance of your engine but have better sound, the best thing would be to just put on a less restrictive muffler. you might loose a little bottom end, but it'll be so small you might not know it.

Diesels work the other way around. the better you can move the exhaust out the better the engine will perform at any given RPM, but thats a different discussion for a different thread.

Old 10-05-2004 | 12:34 AM
Tat

Drew
Off topic Question:
Isn't it against N. R. C. regulations to have radioactive labels on something if it, in fact, is not radioactive or no longer contains radioactive materials? And how come there is no value in the T. I. box?
Tat

Old 10-05-2004 | 01:02 AM
Drew
Professional

first. . .you are correct no more radiation. . it gets yanked off.

second. . .I just nabbed the pic from the net, I dont have any place reliable to upload the correct picture with info. I would have put the same stuff that is needed for my Sr90 source if I had a reliable place to upload my pic. but for the most part, Ive been useing this pic and in the past 9 months, your the first to notice[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-05-2004 | 10:04 PM
drtelco
Professional
Default Radioactive Label

I learned something new today....Thanks...

Old 10-05-2004 | 10:14 PM
Lil Devil
Default RE: Radioactive Label

ORIGINAL: drtelco

I learned something new today....Thanks...
no problem. I kinda prefer the Volant over others for a few reasons. Volant is the only aftermarket manuf. right now that I know of. Their units are typically quieter than other aftermarket kits like K&N, AEM, etc. You don't get as much as that air sucking sound you usually hear with aftermarket kits. Some people love the sound, I don't.

The other reason is I live on a horse ranch. Lotsa dust. as I am sure you know, these filters are a pain to clean and re-oil. unless you keep an extra filter around, it can take some time for it to dry (after washing) before you can re-apply the oil. It's not a hard job, just dirty and a pain in the a$$. The airbox cover on the Volant keeps my filter cleaner and usually don't have to re-oil for several thousand miles more than if the filter element was exposed like the K&N, etc.

[8D]

Quick Reply: GIBSON Dual Extreme Exhaust