3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just backed into a Toyota Camry

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Daddywags
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just backed into a Toyota Camry

While my wife and I were leaving a local mall, I looked behind me and on both sides to see if everything was clear. Started backing up and felt a thud like I hit a curb, since I was parked next to one of those landscaping medians that seperates lots. I pull forward and can see a gray car pulling back into a spot and then I realized what happened. We both get out and decide we were both at fault for backing into each other, but the good thing is, my truck had a small scratch above the trailer hitch which I removed with a lick of my thumb and some rubbing,while her rear bumper was caved in. Looks as though my hitch cover made most of the contact since there was a lot of gray paint on it. AfterI left, I just laughed at how easy her car crumpled. What a piece of junk that can't handle 2 mph of truck.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:27 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Default RE: Just backed into a Toyota Camry

Well, what can you expect... she hit a brick with a piece of glass... its gonna break. Probably cost her a grand to fix it too...

Nice signature BTW... got some pent up aggression?

Old 07-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Daddywags
Record Breaker

Nah just a quote from Adam Sandler's Toll Booth *****.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:36 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Don't make me get ottta da boootthhh....

Old 07-22-2007, 08:45 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

lol crushin it like a tin can...

Old 07-22-2007, 11:11 PM
OldMoparMan
Veteran

My wife doesn't understand it when I tell her I only feel safe with my family in a large, full framed vehicle.

When the Toyota Family accidently crosses the center line and hits my Dodge Ram family, I'll make sure to send flowers to their respective hospital rooms.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:28 PM
livetokite
Veteran

i've had that same thing happen to me before in a sports athority.. lol it was hilarious!! it was a nissan titan, we both backed into eachother.. got out looked at the bumpers... mine was normal as can be, not even a scratch.. look at his, my mouth dropped.. theres a big ol' dent in it. he's like well everything looks okay. i'm like wait you don't see that??? my friend looks at me and gives me a stupid look like why are you saying that?! then the guy goes "what? you mean the contour of my bumper?" which then i just said yes thats it, and went along. lol

he was pretty old.. i felt bad after a while.. but still funny as hell..

Old 07-23-2007, 07:55 AM
eltupac
All Star

Same thing happened to me, but in my case I started honking and stopped. My truck was almost out completely and this broda' kept on backing up. Of course, he had his "urban beats" on so loud that he could not hear me honking. Anyway, his bumper was all pushed in and mine wasnt. I told him, why didnt you look, he said he did and that I hit him. So I said fine call the cops, my truck is half way out and you are barely out, so yous at fault. He got back in the car, I had my camera and started to take pictures, wrote down the license plate and asked him for his drivers license. Now this broda was about 300lbs and 6' 5", and I aint no foosball playa'. He got on my face about asking him that, so I told him that I would get it anyway from the cop. He got back in the car and another broda was in there. He then came out and said forget it, that he will take care of the problem and not call the cops. I told him that I have all the information I needed if anything happens, (license plate, car, color) I can get a lot just with that. He said fine. He probably did not want the cops to search and find his "ghat" or his "nickels". That broda, what a "richard".

Old 07-23-2007, 12:21 PM
abarmby
Champion

GULP !!!!! [sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
casper3380
Veteran

sounds familiar, i almost took out a sh#$ty lumina. guy looked me in the face and started too pull in from of me, like im gonna stop from 40 mph to let him cut me off, almost put 5k+ on his drivers door at 40, the moron. I also have an old story. I worked at a hardware store. A guy in a gen 2 supercab long box with ctd was parked. was backing up(he looked, you couldnt see the car it was too low) . put his bumper into the passenger door on the drivers side, then you could hear the car slide with its tires squeeling. Funny things. 1) he has let out the clutch and it was pushing just at idle(gotta love the cummins), 2) he only got a bump on his bumper, you could barely see it, had to look hard. It was a cadillac, similar size to a chevy citation. Those diesels are awesome. was funny to watch.

Quick Reply: Just backed into a Toyota Camry