3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Why should I get the Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:37 PM
whiteonrice
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why should I get the Dodge?

I never owned a Dodge in my life until last year. I bought a 92 Dakota with 135,000 miles on it put another 17,000 on it without any major problems amd it still runs like new. One of my friends has a 95 Ram 1500 with a 5.9 gas engine and he has 351,000 miles with the same engine and trans. He changes the oil himself every 3,000 and changes the trans fluid when its called for. I think most new trucks will go 200,000 easily if you take care of them. I have owned 2 Toyotas and didn't have much luck with them. There probably is some luck involved even Toyota has to buy back some of their trucks. I just bought a new Ram 1500 qc long bed Hemi and really love it. It was a good $10k less than the Toyotas I looked at. That will buy me a lot of gas in case the Toyotas do indeed get that much better gas mileage. Look at all of them add everything up and make your choice. Good luck.

Rick

Old 02-11-2008, 11:50 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA nice once JD

Old 02-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JD1500

ORIGINAL: chongo

I don't think there was any copout being made - I think the comment made about a "hot head" on the road was due to your comments of throwing a pizza on someones windshield - you come across as a dumbass and the video in your sig. only confirms that. You keep making references to racing, I would like to see a video or a time slip with some numbers - cause with what you have listed in your sig. (borla exhaust/headersnot installed) you don't have a very fast truck IMHO.

Mods - if I stepped out of line by stating that he comes across as a dumbass I apologize, just callingit as I see it

Exactly.

Cobrakiller

You are full of references to how bad *** you are, and how youll race anybody. No one cares. Were here to help, get help from other owners. Not stroke your E-*****. Not only are your posts cocky, they are very doubtful. You posted in another thread you are running 3.9 sec 0-60's. C'mon man. No one is pickin on you, or jealous. It's like grade school. If you dont have someting constructive to say, don't say anything. Calling a guy an idiot for buying a tundra, and talking about throwinga pizza on his windshield is just a dumb, arrogant comment to make. Tundra's are great trucks, and can hang with any 1/2 ton of the day. Motortrend is even comparing them to 3/4 tons.

Be mature and helpful, or get the hell off our forums.
quoted for truth

Quick Reply: Why should I get the Dodge?