3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Why should I get the Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:11 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why should I get the Dodge?

ORIGINAL: kenihemi

Just ask cobrakiller if he ever really raced a cobra.

That will tell the story.
no need, we all know the answer, and that is what the little button with the little red hand is for

oh my god, please watch the youtube vid in his sig, about cougar hunting, it will tell you all you need to know...mad wiggerish..

Old 02-08-2008, 11:14 PM
chongo
Veteran

ORIGINAL: JD1500

oh my god, please watch the youtube vid in his sig, about cougar hunting, it will tell you all you need to know...mad wiggerish..
Yup - I would be way to embarrassed and disapointed in myself to post a video like that of myself - but eh, to each his own I guess...

Old 02-09-2008, 02:26 AM
ThaChad
Professional

ORIGINAL: chongo

I havent read all the posts - but I will add my thoughts - toyotas are good trucks, I have driven the new tacomas and tundras - they are nice trucks, the tundras have some power - but they (tundras) are ugly IMHO. I don't think you could go wrong with either, obviously I prefer my Dodge and I think you could get a Dodge cheaper than a tundra - dealers are holding pretty tight to MSRP around here.

and 2005cobrakiller - I am sure you convinced him to get a dodge afteryour dumbass comment.
The Tacomas are GREAT trucks. They ARE proven. I would buy a Tacoma before I would buy a Dakota. But the tundras are NOTHING like the RAM. The Ram's are built to be Heavy Duty trucks (atleast the 2500+), Tundras arn't.

-ThaChad

Old 02-09-2008, 02:35 AM
ThaChad
Professional

ORIGINAL: RAM0447

I will never buy anything foreign. First car was a honda accord, good gas mileage, but I hate foriegn made cars. Be American, buy American. American made vehicles aren't the same **** like they were in the 80's 90's w.e. The dodge ram actually looks like a truck.....THE TUNDRA LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DESGINED BY A 5th GRADER WITH DOWN SYNDROME. I'm into appearance and of course a strong motor. I only have the 4.7 but it does the trick for me. Anyway, how much weight can our tail gates handle?? Anyone know? I was curious about that
You "buy American" guys are brain washed! Most of your "American" made Dodge was actually made in Mexico, Canada, and guess where all your electronics are made? ASIA! Most of your "American" made cars/trucks arn't even assembled in America anymore! Canada and Mexico are the primary assembly locations for Auto makers now a days. But FYI Toyota has a huge Assembly plant in California, So is just as American as the rest of em.

-ThaChad

Old 02-09-2008, 10:01 AM
sddunn2
Professional

Ok what the hell is with the2005cobrakiller video !!! That is scary to know that there are people like that on the streets . Ganstas trapped in white mans bodies !! Kinda makes you wonder if people like that will ever grow up .

As far as the debate on the toyota vrs the ram I just have to echo what most people say on here . Drive them both and make the choice after that . Only you will know which one you like more and be willing to make the payments on .
Good luck on your search!!

Old 02-09-2008, 12:16 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I plan to hit the 200,000 mile mark before I start looking at another truck. Am I worried that my 1500 Hemi will make it or not?? Nope, every car I've owned has either surpassed the 200k mark, or was within 15k of hitting it. I did seriously look at the Tundras, however the lifetime drivetrain warranty, and MUCH cheaper price of the Ram loured me into the Dodge lot to take a test drive. I fell in love with the only Inferno Red Ram on the lot, which is now my Ram. I do believe with proper maintenance any vehicle can see many many miles...

Am I biased b/c I have a Dodge, well maybe, but Dodge did win me over. I do have a good friend driving an 07 Tundra. He hasn't had a problem with his truck yet, but I don't see how anyone thinks that the Tundra's get better gas mileage. We both had to take a 1,400 mile round trip to a job site. Both of our beds were loaded with about 500 lbs worth of equipment. I netted an average of 17 mpg that trip, and he netted 15.5. Both trucks are 2 wheel drive also... This was a good test as we were both traveling the same speed, filling up at the same stations, and traveling the same roads. I don't believe printed reports on stuff like gas mileage. Seeing is believing in my opinion.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:47 PM
hlee1911

i wasn't too interested in this post until i read a reply from the "cobrakiller" or whatever his name was. I watched his video and man, is that guy ate up with dumbass or what

Old 02-10-2008, 08:08 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: Zack1978

Secondly I don't actually need the Ram, but I do like it; I am a teacher not a contractor, etc.

Zack
Zack you are an ideal tundra driver, the new tundra feels like youre in a car. Tundras are for people that like the idea of a truck, but have no use for them, bet your bed (no liner) will look as clean 5 years from now as mine did after a month. All the boasting tundra does about their power plant or payload cap pale in comparison to a cummins and they are in a similar price range.

BTW tundra service manual calls for a re torque of the propellor shaft bolt every 15k miles and 5k twoing (ever head of self locking fasteners??) which you wouldnt be doing anyways, although i bet youll have a nice shinnnnny ball hitch added. and lets start taking bets, 2wd or 4wd??? of course youre looking at a 2wd truck.

sorry for coming off as an ***, a good friend of mine is a big shot at toyota, gets a new veh of his choice (always the limited) every 10k miles, i give him **** about tundra drivers all the time.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:01 PM
JayH2112
Veteran

Wow, that video was the biggest waste of a minute of my life.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:49 PM
sgratto96
Rookie

either buy a used ram hemi 4x4 or used (1998.5 and up) ram cummins 4x4. the cummins get better gas mileage than the hemi but not quite as much hp stock, but you need torque in a truck and they both have that. forget the toyota.....they are lighter duty trucks that try to imitate the bigger american made trucks. and as far as it lasting a long time, newer built trucks can run 200k no problem. just maintain it well and dont beat on it like some people.....

Quick Reply: Why should I get the Dodge?