3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Changing Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Kebo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Plugs

Well I bought 16 new Champion copper plugs. I guess while it will be raining tomorrow, I will pull the truck half into the garage and get them changed. Is there any pointers or shortcuts ya'll can relay that might make the back 4 a bit easier? The passenger side doesn't look near as bad as the drivers. Thanks for any help.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:47 PM
RamItOne
Default RE: Changing Plugs

5/8s swivel sparkplug socket.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:35 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exactly....thats gonna be the easiest way to change em...when i did mine i used a swivel sparkplug socket plus another swivel and it worked out great....might wanna get some padding to put on the bumper to save your knees however

Old 04-04-2008, 10:40 PM
RamItOne

someone on this site swears theres no reason for the swivel and that he has no issues changing the plug. I wonder if hes really changed em.
Plus 1 on the pad.
My buddys driveway is so steep I'll just back it in and since I'm 6'4 I dont have an issues reaching any part. But I can see how a shorter person on a level ground would have issues.

Yellow what efan do you have and how long was the install?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

someone on this site swears theres no reason for the swivel and that he has no issues changing the plug. I wonder if hes really changed em.
Plus 1 on the pad.
My buddys driveway is so steep I'll just back it in and since I'm 6'4 I dont have an issues reaching any part. But I can see how a shorter person on a level ground would have issues.

Yellow what efan do you have and how long was the install?

LOL on the dakota I had to sit in the engine compartment to change the plugs! Sitting on radiator is not comfy though [:@]

Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

i have the Flex-a-lite e-fan....install was about 1 1/2 hrs...kinda took my time with it, the most time consuming really was getting the hydraulic clutch fan off and then getting the e-fan where ya wanted it and bolting it to the stock schroud

Old 04-04-2008, 10:58 PM
RamItOne

jr haha well I'm 6'4 pushing 300, the only engine I could sit in is a freightliner or peterbuilt.
I must way though I stood on top of my bull bar and the truck didnt sag at all.

Yellow, good to know, I didnt ave much of an issue getting my buds clutch fan off, took less than an hour swapping out the water pump. Have you seen an option to keep the efan running for like 5 min after the truck is shut off?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

jr haha well I'm 6'4 pushing 300, the only engine I could sit in is a freightliner or peterbuilt.
I must way though I stood on top of my bull bar and the truck didnt sag at all.

Yellow, good to know, I didnt ave much of an issue getting my buds clutch fan off, took less than an hour swapping out the water pump. Have you seen an option to keep the efan running for like 5 min after the truck is shut off?
I like the old chevy trucks. I yanked a 350 out of one last summer and I could have layed down in the thing!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:15 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

heh, thats pretty much how my ramcharger is lol...i love it cause you can step right into the engine compartment and work on everything lol

Old 04-04-2008, 11:44 PM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

lol...old skool vehicles. pliers, screwdriver, flashlight and your favorite spot in the engine bay and you've got everything you need for a tune up...

oh yeah...and a beer....

Quick Reply: Changing Plugs