3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

keyless entry honk

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 12:32 PM
livetokite
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: keyless entry honk

edit: guess i was wrong, i swear i didn't think i got in my truck to do it...

Old 12-11-2011, 01:22 PM
MattKendall
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Parts/Service
Try this.....

HORN CHIRP DISABLING / ENABLING The horn chirp can be toggled using a scan or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter that is already programmed to the vehicle. To DISABLE (cancel) the horn chirp feature: [ol][*]Enter the vehicle and close all doors.[*]Fasten the seat belt (this will cancel the seat belt chime).[*]Turn the ignition to the ON position.[*]Press and hold the LOCK button for 4 seconds. Within 6 seconds with the LOCK button still depressed, press the UNLOCK button. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons.[*]Turn the ignition OFF.[*]Turn the ignition ON or wait 60 seconds.[*]Test the horn chirp feature by pressing the LOCK button. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the procedure. To ENABLE the horn chirp feature, repeat the above procedure. [/ol] OPTICAL CHIRP (FLASH) DISABLING / ENABLING The optical chirp can be toggled using a scan tool or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter that is already programmed to the vehicle. To DISABLE (cancel) the optical chirp feature: [ol][*]Enter the vehicle and close all doors.[*]Fasten the seat belt (this will cancel the seat belt chime).[*]Turn the ignition to the ON position.[*]Press and hold the LOCK button for 4 seconds. Within 6 seconds with the LOCK button still depressed, press the PANIC button. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons.[*]Turn the ignition OFF.[*]Turn the ignition ON or wait 60 seconds.[*]Test the optical chirp feature by pressing the LOCK button. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the procedure. To ENABLE the optical chirp feature, repeat the above procedure. [/ol] UNLOCK SEQUENCE The unlock sequence can be toggled using a scan tool or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter that is already programmed to the vehicle. To toggle between Driver door first and Unlock all doors function: [ol][*]Enter the vehicle and close all doors.[*]Fasten the seat belt (this will cancel the seat belt chime).[*]Turn the ignition to the ON position.[*]Press and hold the UNLOCK button for 4 seconds. Within 6 seconds with the UNLOCK button still depressed, press the LOCK button. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons.[*]Turn the ignition OFF.[*]Turn the ignition ON or wait 60 seconds. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the procedure. To toggle this feature, repeat the above procedure[/ol]

i tried this on my 1998 dakota and didn't work.. does anyone know if there is a different sequence between dakota/ram/durango?

Quick Reply: keyless entry honk