3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

keyless entry honk

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:02 PM
adamainsworth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyless entry honk

hey does anybody know how to make the keyless entry honk when you lock the doors on a 2006 2500 cummins? I have looked in the manual and it doesnt say in there.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:37 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: keyless entry honk

Seems pretty straightforward in the book for my '03. What procedure are you using?

Old 05-03-2008, 02:42 PM
irelandshemi
All Star

i actually went and did mine in my 03 this mornign and it was the easiest thing i have done to the truck

Old 05-03-2008, 02:45 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

It's probably the same as mine. Enter the vehicle and close all the doors Fasten the seat belt (to quiet the chime) Put the key in the ignition and turn it to RUN (not start) Press and hold the "LOCK" button on a programmed remote. Hold the LOCK button for at least four seconds, but not more than ten seconds, then press and hold the "UNLOCK" button. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons Turn the ignition off or wait sixty seconds. Test by pressing the lock button with the ignition off, or the key removed. Use the same procedure to deactivate the chirp.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:49 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

ORIGINAL: irelandshemi

i actually went and did mine in my 03 this mornign and it was the easiest thing i have done to the truck
Whooeee! Prob'ly easier than diggin' it outa that snowbank.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:06 PM
irelandshemi
All Star

yeah just a little bit, sad thing was it wasnt a snowbank it was my driveway

Old 05-03-2008, 04:37 PM
adamainsworth

hey i tried it and it didnt work it never chirped or chimed i dont know what else to do

Old 05-03-2008, 04:44 PM
irelandshemi
All Star

did you hold down the lock button while pushing the unlock button? and make sure its within the 4-10 second range

Old 05-03-2008, 05:57 PM
adamainsworth

yeah i did how long do i hold down both for?

Old 05-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this.....

HORN CHIRP DISABLING / ENABLING The horn chirp can be toggled using a scan or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter that is already programmed to the vehicle. To DISABLE (cancel) the horn chirp feature: [ol][*]Enter the vehicle and close all doors.[*]Fasten the seat belt (this will cancel the seat belt chime).[*]Turn the ignition to the ON position.[*]Press and hold the LOCK button for 4 seconds. Within 6 seconds with the LOCK button still depressed, press the UNLOCK button. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons.[*]Turn the ignition OFF.[*]Turn the ignition ON or wait 60 seconds.[*]Test the horn chirp feature by pressing the LOCK button. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the procedure. To ENABLE the horn chirp feature, repeat the above procedure. [/ol] OPTICAL CHIRP (FLASH) DISABLING / ENABLING The optical chirp can be toggled using a scan tool or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter that is already programmed to the vehicle. To DISABLE (cancel) the optical chirp feature: [ol][*]Enter the vehicle and close all doors.[*]Fasten the seat belt (this will cancel the seat belt chime).[*]Turn the ignition to the ON position.[*]Press and hold the LOCK button for 4 seconds. Within 6 seconds with the LOCK button still depressed, press the PANIC button. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons.[*]Turn the ignition OFF.[*]Turn the ignition ON or wait 60 seconds.[*]Test the optical chirp feature by pressing the LOCK button. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the procedure. To ENABLE the optical chirp feature, repeat the above procedure. [/ol] UNLOCK SEQUENCE The unlock sequence can be toggled using a scan tool or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter that is already programmed to the vehicle. To toggle between Driver door first and Unlock all doors function: [ol][*]Enter the vehicle and close all doors.[*]Fasten the seat belt (this will cancel the seat belt chime).[*]Turn the ignition to the ON position.[*]Press and hold the UNLOCK button for 4 seconds. Within 6 seconds with the UNLOCK button still depressed, press the LOCK button. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons.[*]Turn the ignition OFF.[*]Turn the ignition ON or wait 60 seconds. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat the procedure. To toggle this feature, repeat the above procedure[/ol]

Quick Reply: keyless entry honk