3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hydrogen Generator

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:55 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

above is a fraud

below article is not:

http://news.cnet.com/Priming-the-pum...3-6170740.html

notice the high cost of the fuel produced in this quote from the above article:

"Ecotality's Hydratus-equipped buses will offer a range of about 155 miles (250 kilometers), or about 15 hours of operation. The cost for fuel is about $4.80 per liter (about $17.50 per gallon), or $2.80 per liter if the filling station recycles its own spent magnesium."

BMW has a V8 research project car running of hydrogen, where the hydrogen is made from stripping it from natural gas.

Iceland has several projects going on H2 gas fuel cells and internal combustion engine hydrogen.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
CiscoH20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate everyones input. I do not understand what has happened to everyone in this country. The spirit of entrepreneurialism I would hope still exists in all of us. I am offering information on something that many of you know is out there and obviously are skeptical about it. That is the problem in this country is we are all becoming followers and not leaders. believe in the education you have and understand that not everyone is a scammer. So I post my comments and produce photos of an item that does work because of good old american inginuity and I have individuals who want to blaspheme the author. I have no problem and enjoy your freedom of speech. I enjoy mine.

As for the comments of driving while watching TV. It is no worse than those of you who use a cell phone or read some type of document while driving and stay in the left hand lane and are oblivious to anyone else out on the road. I do not need to justify my driving habits but have to say I have never had an accident in 25 years of driving. That is attributted to discipline and alot of defensive driving techniques. And if anyone really believes that I actually watch TV and drive then I must be better then I think I am.

So enough ranting and being patriotic..If any of you really are interested and really want to know how this works (Hydrogen) and that is really does increase your mileage then feel free to chime in.

As for all of you skeptics I will not deny you my dialogue so keep it coming and get your facts straight.

Cisco

Old 08-07-2008, 03:22 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

LMAO. git'm nomolos1!! you teach him not to talk about unsafe driving! that stupid safe pr!ck. (yes, that was all sarcasm)

anyway, now i'm interested again in this hydrogen thing. Though i wonder if he's getting paid for the plug. if i could get 3-4 more mpg out of this thing it'd be worth $1000 to me.

btw, you might not want to put the hydrogen tank in front of the radiator. you know, with it being explosive and all. I know it's a small amount, but you could still blow up someones face with that small amount.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:36 PM
PhotoRam
Rookie

Originally Posted by CiscoH20
I appreciate everyones input. I do not understand what has happened to everyone in this country. The spirit of entrepreneurialism I would hope still exists in all of us. I am offering information on something that many of you know is out there and obviously are skeptical about it. That is the problem in this country is we are all becoming followers and not leaders. believe in the education you have and understand that not everyone is a scammer.
Cisco
Whether or not I believe the Hydrogen Generator idea works has nothing to do with entrepreneurial spirit. I'm not sure which country you're from, I'm going to assume the USA not for any particular reason, but the internet is worldwide. You sound an awful lot like the websites that extol the benefits of the Hydrogen Generator.

Problem is that saying it works on a message forum is not going to convince me. I am well aware, as I am sure everyone on here, how much energy it takes to move a 5,300+ Dodge Ram around. There are simple laws of physics going on here. It is not possible to get nearly enough energy out of a little can of water to replace 50% of the fuel you need to burn to move your truck.

In fact, the energy to break the bond between the Hydrogen and the Oxygen atoms, even with some electrolyte is much greater than the energy gained inside your engine. Further, a large amount of the electrical energy that is being fed into the Hydrogen Generator is being wasted creating heat in the unit.

Scientific theories can be shown to be wrong or right when put under the correct scrutiny. Unfortunately, I have seen only anecdotal evidence, mostly from those selling plans or units themselves. Until I see some verifiable unbiased scientific proof that these contraptions can defy the laws of physics I will continue to stand by my well founded belief that it is impossible to have a net gain rather than a net loss.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:53 PM
CiscoH20

To PhotoRam

I can understand your doubts. I am in Florida an any time you are in the area on vacation or business call me up and I will be more than happy to provide you a demonstration.
An yes I was born in the USA and also served my country selflesslesly for 15 years before throwing in the towel and took an early retirement.
I hear people complain and eventually get scammed because they are not properly informed of things but just simply buy it before you research it.
By the way so far the truck is performing well and the gas mileage is getting better. I will update this thread with more stats as the months progress if anyone is truly interested. And if something goes wrong I will report it as well.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:17 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

f* all this. I bought one. I'll do my damndest to set it up right (with help from all of you of course) and we'll settle this. It should be here this week or next.

Granted its a cheap one, something like what you would make at home, but I should at least see some gain...if it works

Old 08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
txj
Rookie

a friend of mine made one... it's a SS sealed container that houses an anode and a cathode... baking soda is mixed with water and the current of electricity between the cathodes somehow separate the hydrogen molecules from the oxygen molecules. The hydrogen molecules are then more or less injected into the intake of the motor.

I don't know all the detail... or the actual connections, but he swears by it.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:59 AM
ollie55

Originally Posted by nomolos1
You have no idea what you are talking about. This was taught to us in grade school. (unless you had to ride in the short bus)
Ciscoh2o is correct. It does work, and it works well. There are members on this forum that are doing it, and having great success. I will be installing one I built myself, on my VW. I get about 35 mpg on the hwy, now. I'm hoping for 45 of better with my setup.
There are things everyone will need to look out for. The O2s will tell the ECU that the engine is running lean after a short time. So you will need to counteract that. There are several things that can be done.
Cheers to you Cisco, for having the ***** to take the chance with it. Remember, a few guys were sitting around a table when the idea of creating a car was thought up. Engineers designed the Titanic.
hho has any one put one on a 3.3 caravan what size what kit

Old 08-13-2008, 07:46 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
f* all this. I bought one. I'll do my damndest to set it up right (with help from all of you of course) and we'll settle this. It should be here this week or next.

Granted its a cheap one, something like what you would make at home, but I should at least see some gain...if it works
I'd expect you'll see some gains out of it. One of the techs who worked for me when I had the networking business in Ga. who's the really geeky, techno-nerd type built one over a year ago from plans he downloaded. He was emailing me with updates for about 2 or 3 months after he built/installed it. Last I saw him when I was up there in June he was getting between 22-23 mpgs out of his Pathfinder commuting to/from work. This was up from 17-18 before the unit.
If there was ever anybody who would have accurate statistics on something like this, it would be this guy. I could see him making triple sure the route was the same everyday, speed the same, would account for tail-wind/head-wind, barometric pressure differences. He's just that type...

Old 08-13-2008, 10:08 AM
craig4465
Rookie
Default built my own HHO Gen

I built my own HHO Gen for my 01 dakota, installed it, and got 22mpg without it i got 17mpg. it was built from pvc pipe and stainless steel . i would recomend going to www.youtube.com and looking at some video from a fellow called zerofossilfuel. He has around 120 videos that are very detailed.

Quick Reply: Hydrogen Generator