3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hydrogen Generator

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
CiscoH20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hydrogen Generator

Hello all

I own a 2004 Dodge Ram SLT 1500 Quad Cab, 4.7L V8. Bought new and I must say that I absolutely enjoy driving this vehicle. Not to mention the look is just awesome. I have done some mods to my truck and the latest is a Hydrogen generator that works flawlessly.

For anyone who has read, reviewed, inquired and dismissed the possiblity of adding this to your truck.....I say reconsider. I know there are many of these items floating on EBay consider this, you can order one and if you do not know crap about how to install it correctly then you will achieve some increase in gas mileage (15 - 20%) but you could do better like up to 50% if you have it installed by someone who knows a lot about the mechanics of a vehicle.

Mine has been on for one month and I am getting 6 to 8 more miles in the city and 22 to 24 more miles on the highway.

Pics will be posted later tonight for those that want to know what it looks like.

Oh by the way when I first bought it I had a KVH DirecTV A5 Satellite dish installed so I can watch my favorite TV shows while driving. You will also see on the pics that I post tonight.

Cisco

Old 08-06-2008, 03:59 PM
CiscoH20

I meant 7 to 9 more miles on the highway. My error.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:11 PM
sos
All Star

You watch TV while driving? Besides the fact that it is illegal most everywhere, please let me know where do you drive so I can make sure I am nowhere near you.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
PhotoRam
Rookie

Have you considered how much hydrogen is actually in that little jar of water? How much hydrogen would you have to burn to go a mile? How much electricity does it take to extract the hydrogen? What is the ratio of electricity input into the generator vs the amount of hydrogen extracted?

All very valid questions. Unfortunately, there is not enough hydrogen in a small jar of water to achieve what some claim. The other problem is that the electricity to extract the hydrogen is generated by your truck which comes from burning gas.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:37 PM
CiscoH20
Default Update with Photos

I do not expect anyone to truly believe that it works. Just so you know it does exist and it does work.

Pics are added.

Attached Thumbnails Hydrogen Generator-hydrogen-1.jpg   Hydrogen Generator-hydrogen-3.jpg  

Last edited by CiscoH20; 08-06-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:47 PM
CiscoH20
Default Update DirecTV Satellite on my truck

Also are pics of a KVH DirecTV Satellite system. With an Alpine full multimedia set-up. Great reception and great for road trips.

Enjoy

Attached Thumbnails Hydrogen Generator-satellite-4.jpg  

Last edited by CiscoH20; 08-06-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:31 PM
nomolos1
Rookie

Originally Posted by sos
You watch TV while driving? Besides the fact that it is illegal most everywhere, please let me know where do you drive so I can make sure I am nowhere near you.
You have no idea what you are talking about. This was taught to us in grade school. (unless you had to ride in the short bus)
Ciscoh2o is correct. It does work, and it works well. There are members on this forum that are doing it, and having great success. I will be installing one I built myself, on my VW. I get about 35 mpg on the hwy, now. I'm hoping for 45 of better with my setup.
There are things everyone will need to look out for. The O2s will tell the ECU that the engine is running lean after a short time. So you will need to counteract that. There are several things that can be done.
Cheers to you Cisco, for having the ***** to take the chance with it. Remember, a few guys were sitting around a table when the idea of creating a car was thought up. Engineers designed the Titanic.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:43 PM
sos
All Star

Originally Posted by nomolos1
You have no idea what you are talking about. This was taught to us in grade school. (unless you had to ride in the short bus)
Ciscoh2o is correct. It does work, and it works well. There are members on this forum that are doing it, and having great success. I will be installing one I built myself, on my VW. I get about 35 mpg on the hwy, now. I'm hoping for 45 of better with my setup.
There are things everyone will need to look out for. The O2s will tell the ECU that the engine is running lean after a short time. So you will need to counteract that. There are several things that can be done.
Cheers to you Cisco, for having the ***** to take the chance with it. Remember, a few guys were sitting around a table when the idea of creating a car was thought up. Engineers designed the Titanic.
Why are you bashing me? I said nothing about the hydrogen generator, I made a comment about him watching TV while driving, which I consider very unsafe. He should be keeping his eyes on the road, not on a TV.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:28 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

That's what I was wondering??

Old 08-07-2008, 02:34 AM
mmstar23
Champion

Originally Posted by sos
please let me know where do you drive so I can make sure I am nowhere near you.
hahaha! i love threads like this!! the man asked about driving while watching and tv and you reply about stats of the generator and bash him. thats fcukin hilarious

we gotta warn hammer about this one. says hes in tampa, which isnt too far from hammer ha

Quick Reply: Hydrogen Generator