3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hydrogen Generator

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

MPG contests have been going on in the USA and overseas for many decades:

http://www.timesuniononline.com/main...691&TM=39786.3

Above contest is for high school
SAE has run for years a similar contest for engineeing students

Further proof that acetone and HHO stuff is bogus
is that despite the extreme competition in these contests
and MPG that exceeds 1000 (yes, one thousand miles per gallon)
none of winning teams
have used acetone or HHO
... because they don't improve MPG when careful tests are done

Old 08-13-2008, 12:51 PM
KC9JVC
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad to see that more and more people are becoming interested in these shall we call them "viable" alternative options.

I became interested in this option not by reading a bunch of hype from either side of the fence, but from here by someone several months ago saying they were looking into it.

From there I began building my own prototypes using my own ideas and got the system to where it draws 14 amps off of a traditional 12V automotive electrical system, producing enough gas to displace a 1 liter bottle of water into another bottle in about 1 minutes time (I can verify this at any time if anyone wants to see.) Since then I ended up moving and have lost track of my project but I intend to start it up again this weekend.

My plan is to create enough gas to run a 3 hp lawn mower engine entirely off of this system w/o gas, from there I will move up to my truck as a hybrid and see what happens.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Visious 318
Professional

Originally Posted by HankL
MPG contests have been going on in the USA and overseas for many decades:

http://www.timesuniononline.com/main...691&TM=39786.3

Above contest is for high school
SAE has run for years a similar contest for engineeing students

Further proof that acetone and HHO stuff is bogus
is that despite the extreme competition in these contests
and MPG that exceeds 1000 (yes, one thousand miles per gallon)
none of winning teams
have used acetone or HHO
... because they don't improve MPG when careful tests are done
Just becuz it was never used don't mean it don't work. Thats like back when the Wright bothers said that they would fly and everybody telling them no and it'll never work.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:33 PM
KC9JVC
Rookie

Originally Posted by Visious 318
Thats like back when the Wright bothers said that they would fly and everybody telling them no and it'll never work.
+1 and a Amen! There were a lot of naysayers then too.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:55 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by Outlaws
I take it this only works in the summer. I will just assume you can't add antifreeze to the water.
i'm thinking adding alcohol can solve that problem? gonna have to go back to the textbooks to figure out how much. or maybe add a small heater pad around it and run on gas until the water temp comes up?

And Hank, I agree with most of the data you put up, but your interpretations aren't always accurate IMHO.

The sae competition, supermileage, not using HHO doesn't mean anything to me. there might actually be a rule against having chemicals on board other than gasoline, so you can't have a catalyst. I was on an SAE baja team, and often tossed around ideas, such as AC drive, that got shot down because of stupid SAE rules. hell, we couldn't even have a battery on board bigger than a standard 9v.

I don't expect to gain anything from HHO, and though we are hearing about gains, like you said, CAREFUL tests need to be done. Hammer has an ex-coworker he's vouching for, and I can sure vouch for accuracy in my tests...seeing how emissions and fuel consumption is part of my job. I'll try to document everything too, so people can follow my data and make their own conclusion.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:00 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

about 3 minutes of searching, from sae supermileage rules, page 12:

21.3:
"The sole source of vehicle propulsion must be from the four-cycle engine. This means no human power system, no sail, etc. Any inertial system, if used, must be at rest prior to the start of the performance run.

All energy used for propulsion of the vehicle must come from the fuel"

21.4:
"The fuel used will be iso-octane so as to provide uniformity in fuel composition"

Old 08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Visious 318
Professional

As i was doing a search i found out that one when you biuld the generator if you leave 3 inches at the top open for expantion when the water freezes it won't break the unit and to thaw it out just turn it onand in 3 min. your making h2o or hhoo

Old 08-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Hefrum
Question Hydrogen Fuel Cell

Where did you get your's exactly?

I would like to look into this more closely.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:38 AM
CiscoH20

I will be at the Truck and Jeep truck event in Orlando this weekend. It is at the Orange County Convention center. I will have my truck and anyone who wants to view it and test drive the truck with the Hydrogen unit is more than welcome. A few more forum members are planning to show up. Should be a good time. Check the regional forum for the specifics to the meet this Sunday.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:11 AM
heirbound
Talking truck show (orlando)

Originally Posted by ciscoh20
i will be at the truck and jeep truck event in orlando this weekend. It is at the orange county convention center. I will have my truck and anyone who wants to view it and test drive the truck with the hydrogen unit is more than welcome. A few more forum members are planning to show up. Should be a good time. Check the regional forum for the specifics to the meet this sunday.

isn't there a dodge event show in sept. On the 6-7.. Will you be there also.
I want to see this. I have a 06 mega cab 5.7 hemi. I've been doing some mods slowly as the money comes in. Let me know

Quick Reply: Hydrogen Generator