3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Deciding between 1500 Hemi or 2500 CTD?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

All of us are gonna be hating life, I've heard from a couple of reputable sources that Federal Vehicle Inspection will be here by 2012! Even though I kept my cats, my LT's won't be legal (if I still have my truck by then), how many of us in non-inspection states will this effect?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:09 PM
whiteonrice
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
All of us are gonna be hating life, I've heard from a couple of reputable sources that Federal Vehicle Inspection will be here by 2012! Even though I kept my cats, my LT's won't be legal (if I still have my truck by then), how many of us in non-inspection states will this effect?
I live in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia so I already hate life. Good luck, time will tell if this is true. Lots of rumors about the black helicopters flying around too.

Rick

Old 09-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Tizi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in WA and we have emissions testing. Just don't rip out your cat, right?

Old 09-09-2008, 11:46 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I don't see why you would be illegal, as long as you're not throwing any codes. the newer tests are not smog or engine tests, they simply plug into the OBD2, and if you are clear of codes, you're good to go.

and hurry up and leave so i can start a **** talkin thread about you

Old 09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the b iggest problem with most inspection setups, especially Kalifornia: even if your truck is making less pollution than stock, it'll fail because it has non-certified parts. Not just "cleaner than required by law", but "cleaner than the OEM setup" still fails.

Edit: And someone please fix that stupid filter!!! It's obvious what you're trying to prevent by blanking " i g g ", but how about just filtering the offensive word itself and not those three letters.

Last edited by John M; 09-10-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:48 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default !

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
I don't see why you would be illegal, as long as you're not throwing any codes. the newer tests are not smog or engine tests, they simply plug into the OBD2, and if you are clear of codes, you're good to go.

and hurry up and leave so i can start a **** talkin thread about you
I'm home (Ga.), biotch, talk **** all you want...

Quick Reply: Deciding between 1500 Hemi or 2500 CTD?