3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need serious professional help..From Ram owners and dodge employees..

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 07:49 PM
tfb4me
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realy appreciate all the replys..I do.. However i need some help.. I cant seem to find anywhere to look up part #'s.. When I did on Google for 05139102a-c I came up with this http://www.scribd.com/doc/2662661/Je...-Parts-Catalog

They say its out of a 2007 Jeep WK 2007 - Commander ARGHH Is there a place where I can look this stuff up? Also antother peoples opinions on this?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Bass Hunter
Veteran

I would contact your insurance co. If you paid for a crate motor and got a rebuilt motor that is definately insurance fraud. It sounds like you have the proof. When the insurance co takes them to court and calls the oil boy to the stand do you think he is going to lie for them for his 12 bucks an hour?

Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 PM
tfb4me
Rookie

ok upon review of the quote to the insurance company it only says R&R the engine.
D&R to build short block and heads (sublet) Funny I was verbally told I was getting a crate motor..

Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 PM
tfb4me
Rookie

this is why I need to get my poop together..If I go in there not knowing anything thier just going to laught me out of the building..

Old 10-20-2008, 10:16 PM
harleyguy03

Verbal means nothing. If their promises, descriptions, what they're gonna fix and how they're gonna fix it are not on paper, lots of luck. When it comes to legal stuff it's got to be in writing or it's gonna be tough to get recourse. At any rate I would run all this by a lawyer and see where you stand. Possibly contact your state Attorney General. The game changes sometimes when they are contacted by a lawyer and know you mean business. When it comes to law "fair" has little to do with anything.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:34 PM
tfb4me
Rookie

Originally Posted by harleyguy03
Verbal means nothing. If their promises, descriptions, what they're gonna fix and how they're gonna fix it are not on paper, lots of luck. When it comes to legal stuff it's got to be in writing or it's gonna be tough to get recourse. At any rate I would run all this by a lawyer and see where you stand. Possibly contact your state Attorney General. The game changes sometimes when they are contacted by a lawyer and know you mean business. When it comes to law "fair" has little to do with anything.
yes all that aside can they get away with putting a 07 motor in a 08 truck? How do I explain to the new owner in a few years that he needs to order a 07 oil filter for a 08 truck...?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gonna try and shed some light here. First, Dodge DOES not replace engines with a "crate motor". Dodge offers a short block and a long block. The part number 5139102AC is for a short block. This means that they had to reuse your "old" heads, old intake, and some other old parts. The oil filter part number for a 2007 is different from a 2008. The part number for a 2007 is 5281090 and the part number for a 2008 is 4884899AB. The dealer should have inspected/cleaned you old heads for defects before they bolted them back on. But it may have been hard to see all small pieces of metal that could have led to the 2nd failure. The dealer "should" repair any problems you have. Call Chrysler at 1-800-992-1997 and voice your opinion.. Chrysler/Dodge may not pay to repair your driveway but the dealer should make good on any of their mistakes...

And please don't think that all dealers are this way......

Last edited by Parts/Service; 10-20-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:12 AM
tfb4me
Rookie

Originally Posted by Parts/Service
Gonna try and shed some light here. First, Dodge DOES not replace engines with a "crate motor". Dodge offers a short block and a long block. The part number 5139102AC is for a short block. This means that they had to reuse your "old" heads, old intake, and some other old parts. The oil filter part number for a 2007 is different from a 2008. The part number for a 2007 is 5281090 and the part number for a 2008 is 4884899AB. The dealer should have inspected/cleaned you old heads for defects before they bolted them back on. But it may have been hard to see all small pieces of metal that could have led to the 2nd failure. The dealer "should" repair any problems you have. Call Chrysler at 1-800-992-1997 and voice your opinion.. Chrysler/Dodge may not pay to repair your driveway but the dealer should make good on any of their mistakes...

And please don't think that all dealers are this way......
I understand all that.when it comes to laymans terms just so I understand..Is that part # for a 2007 short block or a 2008? Im asuming that by the oil filter that it is a 2007 part. Is there a difference between the 2 other than the oil filter weldnut..? Can they get away with doing this? This will be a real pain in the you know what to resell in the future. Try to explain to a potential buyer that he needs 2007 oil filters.I know i'd walk away from the sale. The truck is a horrible mess. Id like to think that this is poor service from one dealership. I would never think other wise. However I do belive as a business owner myself that this stuff needs to be reported to the public. Thus this post.This is poor service and not acceptable.I live in Ontario canada and the part # for the oil filter they put on it today was 0FE00292 and doesn't match any of the 2 you mentioned above.Is this a US - Canada part # difference?
Thanks for you insight it does help a ton!

Old 10-21-2008, 02:50 AM
SASKY

5139102AC is the part # for both the '07 and '08 short blocks, they do however use a different oil filter adapter. The adapter for '08 changed to a 22mm thread ( thats the reason for new filter # ), the part # for the 22mm adapter is 4892338AA, It "should" just replace the adapter thats on the block you have now.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:35 AM
tfb4me
Rookie
Angry

Originally Posted by SASKY
5139102AC is the part # for both the '07 and '08 short blocks, they do however use a different oil filter adapter. The adapter for '08 changed to a 22mm thread ( thats the reason for new filter # ), the part # for the 22mm adapter is 4892338AA, It "should" just replace the adapter thats on the block you have now.
Very well! I will ask the dealer to change out the oil filter adapter.that was easy.Hopefully they can figure that out.How hard is that to change out? Im so glad I bought a Dodge Ram..This is the most ignorant thing I have had to deal with..It all started with a small flooded section of road.It's not like I was offroading..ARGH

Quick Reply: Need serious professional help..From Ram owners and dodge employees..