3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need serious professional help..From Ram owners and dodge employees..

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:29 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh and by the way i had a simalir event happen to me a few years ago on the wifes grand am. like you went back and forth with rebuilt engin ect same thing you are going threw. in a nut shell went to local paper they gave word to news station .dealership got mad at me o f'n well ended up costing them allot of sales by word of mouth and news papers and tv. in the end took them to court got what money i paid into the car back from the dealer fat check from owner and court decided in my favor due to my lovely state having "the lemon law" and yes i cant spell good just a stupie red neck with a dodge lol

Old 10-22-2008, 12:10 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

You need to contact your insurance company, report the dealership to the Better Business Bereau and contact Chrysler Financial all at once!
First thing that came to mind...You probably lost your Lifetime Powertrain warranty because of tht huh??? What's the warranty on the new motor? They need to fix a "crate motor" that was installed by them if it's within the time period! Their going to put you off until the warranty expires or you just give up. Me personally I would cause a huge seen and start yelling and screaming demanding they do something. I wouldstand outside their front doors and tell everyone that they are screwing you on your new 2008 rebuilt motor. Do that until they settle the case or wait until they call the cops and make them come. The cops will just ask you to leave, they cannot arrest you unless you verbally harass cutomers. Harass the employees all you wish....lol Def report them to the BBB and tell them you are going to report them. Most dealerships are hurting for money and the warranty work just doesn't pay out.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:38 AM
tfb4me
Rookie

Im in Canada...There is no lifetime powertrain warranty. Just the usual 5 yrs 120 thou kms..The full warranty is still in effect as far as I know..

Old 10-27-2008, 11:17 PM
RamSportBlue

So how is your situation going. Curious to see what happened.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:56 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

How deep was the water you went through, I've taken my truck across a stream that was probaly 2-3 ft deep.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Rick Lottman

If this was an insurance claim and the dealer screwed you over, then contact your insurance company. They have attorneys that do a thing call "subrogation" on your behalf. It would be like someone hitting your truck and they didn't have insurance. Your company would pay for the damages and then go after the other guy. That is one option. The other is to go ahead and put an attorney on retainer for about 1500 bucks and have him or her file suit against the dealership. Do not threaten to sue them, just do it. That's my attorneys motto. Keep perfect records of times, dates, who your spoke to, etc. The service manager is only going to pay you lip service as will the general manager. They are trying to make money. You have to look out for your self. Take it from someone that just got screwed for a bunch and hired his own attorney. Filed suit against the dealer and they setteled within 2 weeks of the filing. You see, that stuff is published in the papers!! They don't want the bad publicity......Good luck

06 Hemi QC

Old 11-28-2008, 10:29 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

do everything above and also make a claim with the bbb ( bbb.com. somebody from corporate will probably contact you within a few days to talk about it. when i had my tranny replaced at 4000 miles they wouldnt pay for it or the rental. i made a bbb claim and i got it all fixed, the rental paid and 2 months of my payments paid. companies do not liek to see negative reports on the bbb at all. just copy and paste this post and fix it up a little to make it gramatically correct haha. good luck though. sounds like they are pulling a fast one on ya. they may have had a 07 hemi from a wrecked ram laying around and thought "hey we can get rid of this for top $$ on an insurance claim" while this would surprise most i am not surprised that a dealership would stoop to a low like this. especially in this economy where they are already "hurting"......

Last edited by nickahern1; 11-28-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:06 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It has been over a month since the first post. Has this issue been resolved at all yet?

Old 11-29-2008, 10:17 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

i hope all this poo didnt drive the man to hurt himself in any way....better yet hurt someone else. maby he is in jail. i cant control my temper .

Old 11-30-2008, 12:35 AM
kutz420
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was like reading a book, and now no ending? Hope it worked out for you man. Let us know the outcome. Regards Kutz

Quick Reply: Need serious professional help..From Ram owners and dodge employees..