3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Truck + Accident + Urgent Care + Lawsuit + Police + Arrest + Keys = ...no fun

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:58 PM
disturbedgator
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude i would take the truck to priest or a shaman or medicine man and get it exorcized

Old 12-09-2008, 01:03 PM
megablacktank
Professional

dude i fell u'r pain. i am on my second dodge truck now. love it. 1st one should have been totaled out but was repaired only 8 months old. new was 3 months old, guys horses got out and broad sided the front driver side area. wife, baby, and mother in law were in truck. became a statistic that weekend. labor day i believe it was. glad to see u'r girl stuck around hope she heals up good.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:30 PM
stupid_rope
Rookie

Not to be a dick, but why did you trust the u-haul joker anyway? Whenever someone else touches something I'm operating I always double check it. I've had employees (7 years landscaping company) forget to secure the hitch and it pops off the ball and a couple of those incidents happened while traveling down the road at speed while loaded with equipment (its never good when your trailer attempts to PASS you ha). Now they secure all trailer hitches with bolts and locking nuts.

Lesson #1 Learned: check your stuff as many times as it takes for you to feel comfortable with operating that vehicle/equipment

Lesson #2 Learned: Keep bystanders clear of danger areas. Just like when working around heavy equipment or power tools, be aware of people who are around you and what they are doing. If I strike a person with a rock from my mower while on the job, it is automatically my fault for not stopping my mower and briefing them to move. When it comes to trailers, the first thing I learned at the age of 7 or 8 was stay clear of the receiver/ball or pintle hook area while loading and unloading.

Lesson #3: People suck at driving and I'm sorry you got rear ended. I've only had one accident in 9 years of driving both personal, commercial and emergency vehicles and it involved a stupid person on a slick road traveling too fast and I got rearended.

That being said, good luck to you with the insurance companies and remember third time's the charm so you should be good from here on out. Hope your lady feels better.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:41 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a long post.

Where are the pics of the TA?

Old 12-09-2008, 04:54 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

There was a yellow T/A just like yours behind me on the way home from work in the pouring down rain.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I just recently rented a uhaul car carrier. One of several times from a few diff locations, depending where i was ending up. Anyways, i get to the counter, pay and then guy says "I'll meet you back there to hook it up". i ignored him and got back there before him and started to hook it up. I didn't want anyone touching my truck. He starts yelling at me and says the customer isn't suppose to do that. I took one look at him and started going off.
First off, if anything were to happen, it would be my fault and not his as I'm the one who is pulling the trailer behind me! The driver is soley responsible for anything that happens. Also, I didn't want him touching my truck. There's only one way to get things done right...Do it your self!! I always check and double chech things.
It's funny he looked at the hook up to the hitch and then looked at all the lights and then walked away???? He never looed at the axles, never looked to see if there was any grease leaking from the hubs, didn't check to see if the tires were flat, and most of all the main thing I always check are the hub bearings. I always rock the tires in/out to feel the play as those are the most neglected and most important items on the trailer!

I'm gonna say that since you left their parking lot and it happened after you pulled off of their lot(that's the main reason they hook it up so your safe until you pull off their lot) that you are the one who is ultimately responsible for any and all damages. It sucks, but you should have checked over everything! I always rock the trailer back and forth while trying to get that ball nut as tight as possible!

Hope everything is good with your girl and good luck with everything

Old 12-09-2008, 05:59 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

looks like a little blood in the one pic of the back of your truck!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:21 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been a while since I've been on here to post a reply. First i want to say, that i truly hope your girl gets better.....I can't even imagine how you feel, and how she feels right now. The second thing is, I would sell that truck....Thats just my opinion........and i think most people would disagree with me...BUT I WOULD SELL THAT TRUCK, AND BUY ANOTHER ONE, WHEN THIS IS ALL OVER.....JUST MY OPINION.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:44 PM
LinerJoe
Veteran

That's a crazy story! I'm glad to hear that you and your girlfriend are ok (hopefully she'll make a quick recovery). I think I'd be getting rid of that truck. It's tainted! BTW, my brother goes to Cedarville U.

joe

Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
thumperk15
Veteran

That sucks!!! Hope everything is ok with your girl. Trucks can be rebuilt again, and again, and replaced anytime, good girls can't.

This may be a good laugh for you. I had just got my '08 QC hemi big horn. I got that edition so I could tow my Dakota 6.7. Well, less than a week, and I hooked up to the trailer, and got everything loaded. I got it back to my house, and parked the trailer, and Dakota in my yard. Now, when I unloaded, I thru my ramps out beside the truck, keep that in mind, and you may know what happens next. My wife(Sarah...lol) told me to pick them up, and I refused. I got up next morning, and got in my Ram, that I had traded my little JK in on. I started up, and drove up, turning just a bit. I couldn't see anything because the truck is huge, campared to what I had. I made it a couple feet, and BAM!!! I got out, ran to passenger side, and there on bottom of my front door, a fairly big dent, with matching scratch.

Few weeks later I get outta Wallmart, and there sets a cart by my door. Wife says: That didn't hit your door?!, sure enough it did. Now drivers front door has dent and scratch. The cart seemed to be pushed hard at it. They couldn't let me watch the tapes, if so I had to make a report. It was late, and cold, and parked way out anyways, it was pointless.

Again, few weeks later. I just got back from Tyler Texas. They had a big show down there. We left at 4pm, and got to the Motel at midnight. I got tired so I let my buddy drive my Ram. We got our cars to the Motel, my buddy has a S-10, show truck. He just got rearended 2 days before we left, a couple grand damages. I saw 1 spot to park, so I told my buddy to pull up and back in. He pulled between a car and our buddies S-10, and proceeded to back in. Bad idea, he swung the front end way too hard, and hit our buddies truck with mine...lol. He was so upset, and couldn't sleep that night.

Lesson learned, was crap happens man. We have nice trucks, but they are just property that gets us from point A to B and back. We don't really need things this nice but alot of us do. You buy, you wreck, you trade, you whatever, but in the end there will be other rides out there. Your ride will be fixed, and look the same, and everythings good again. The good thing is, your girl is still by your side, so be happy. U-Haul is a very big, well known place, they will come thru, don't know how long, but they will.

Let us know any updates on Sarahs hand.

Quick Reply: New Truck + Accident + Urgent Care + Lawsuit + Police + Arrest + Keys = ...no fun