3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Truck + Accident + Urgent Care + Lawsuit + Police + Arrest + Keys = ...no fun

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:46 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO you're partially responsible for the scratch on the tailgate and 100% responsible for your g/f's hand....or 50% if you put the other 50% on her. They'll probably pay for the scratch though just to get you to go away. Like a few others have said, always hook the trailer up yourself and then double check it...if you don't do it yourself then triple check it before moving the truck/loading the trailer.

Sorry about you getting rear-ended...un-insured/under-insured drivers should be shot in the face .

Old 12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
There was a yellow T/A just like yours behind me on the way home from work in the pouring down rain.
How ironic, I was driving my in the rain on the way home to, just 5 hours from you though.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:29 PM
young-gun
Rookie

If you get it on the road again...try to get a total so you can get rid of the ram with such bad luck and buy another one.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 PM
bolang
Professional

From here on out should be smooth sailing,with the truck not the gf.good luck

Old 12-10-2008, 10:46 AM
08Ram

I wouldn't sell that truck if you put a gun to my head lol...nooooo way. A dent on the tailgate and a quick fix from the insurance company and its good as new. I don't feel like going and selling a truck that's 4 weeks old and has lost probably 3000 off its value from depreciation ...no offense but that'd be called utter stupidity.

As far as Uhaul, they are 100% responsible and have already taken responsibility. Regardless of the fact that I didn't check it it is still their responsibility to hook it up right. Like one of you said, they'll come through.

Sarah's hand is okay...hurts at different times feels better at others. We're both in college and I usually overhear her complaining that it hurts when she's attempting to write notes (finals this week).

Old 12-10-2008, 12:24 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Ram

Sarah's hand is okay...hurts at different times feels better at others. We're both in college and I usually overhear her complaining that it hurts when she's attempting to write notes (finals this week).
Time for her to practice switching hands!
You should tell her you want to be the guinea pig!

Old 12-10-2008, 01:24 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by 08Ram
... As far as Uhaul, they are 100% responsible and have already taken responsibility. Regardless of the fact that I didn't check it it is still their responsibility to hook it up right.
That's really sad that you are going to go through life with that mentality.

Think about what happened here, you didn't check it and your girlfriend got hurt. Why would you trust something so important to a complete stranger? That thing could have come off the hitch while under power and really hurt someone.

And she wouldn't have been hurt if you would have secured your workspace. You need to own up to your series of bad decisions and take a little responsibility here. Like a man.

Uhaul is paying for the damage because it is cheaper than paying an attorney to fight it. Plain and simple.

Either way. Now you know better. I am 100% certain that next time there is a trailer hooked to your truck, you will double abd triple check it.

Sucks about your truck, but I would keep it to.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

duuuuude..sorry about that

Old 12-10-2008, 05:44 PM
MikeFarm
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your bad luck on this one...really goes to show if you are going to put it behind your truck you better check it yourself. I never trust those guys at uhaul...

Old 12-10-2008, 08:26 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

wow..... to all of it.

Ill just throw my 2 cents in here,.... U-Haul F'ed it up, but also I suggest you hook up or double check someone else hooking up any trailer to YOUR truck.

Sorry to hear about your old lady's hand, I bet that hurt like hell.

Good luck on the court stuff and insurance B.S.

Enjoy your "new" ram.... ha ha

Quick Reply: New Truck + Accident + Urgent Care + Lawsuit + Police + Arrest + Keys = ...no fun