3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

got my headlights done!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009 | 11:39 AM
nim81
|
Record Breaker
Default got my headlights done!!!

took for FU***** ever!!!! first i tried using tape to mask-off the chrome i wanted to keep, and well.... it pulled the chrome off quicker than sandpaper so i started just taping the parts i wanted black and well spent like an hour trying to get them right and finally gave up and ran to wal-mart and got some universial black automotive touch-up paint with the little brush/ballpoint pen. and one of my g/f's art brushes,(she wasnt too happy about that) untill she say that i painted worse than my 4 y/o daughter so she unwillingly took over painting.
i did a lil touch up and let em dry and slammed them back together with silicone rtv. i think they turned out great im very pleased.
Name:  IMG_0291.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  65.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0293.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  55.7 KB
Name:  newfixlscccs.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  63.7 KB

Last edited by nim81; 01-18-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-18-2009 | 11:47 AM
bolang
Professional

Looks good.

Old 01-18-2009 | 12:27 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

That looks sweet as hell. Have you thought about using a black grill insert over the chrome? Maybe even paint the circles around the fog lamps black.

Old 01-18-2009 | 12:28 PM
draco8494
Captain

looks extremely good, sucks you had so many probs

Old 01-18-2009 | 12:41 PM
nim81
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by semigod
That looks sweet as hell. Have you thought about using a black grill insert over the chrome? Maybe even paint the circles around the fog lamps black.
i like my grille they way it is, its not really chrome its more of a mag or brushed aluminum look but thats a great idea about the fogs, to tell you the truth you truck was my inspiration, i tried nomitating you for totm this month but i dont think i did it right.

and ya draco, for the amount of problems i had , and getting frustrated and almost giving up, they turned out really good. but i have to give my ol' lady credit, she kinda saved the day.

Old 01-18-2009 | 01:41 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

looks good!

Old 01-18-2009 | 01:55 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Looks sweet. Last night when I went out through the garage to my truck, the dark of the night turned the chrome on my right headlamp the same color of my truck as if it were painted like how yours is. So I really want to do that, but don't want to mess it up.

Old 01-18-2009 | 02:23 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

It may have taken forever and been a bigger PIA than expected, but IMO it was worth it. Looks really good! Great job!!!

Old 01-18-2009 | 02:32 PM
nim81
|
Record Breaker

thanx hammer it was definatly worth it!

Originally Posted by ried69
Looks sweet. Last night when I went out through the garage to my truck, the dark of the night turned the chrome on my right headlamp the same color of my truck as if it were painted like how yours is. So I really want to do that, but don't want to mess it up.
i really thought i messed mine up and was dreading running around with f'd up headlights but i took my time and used a lil bit of patience and everything turned out ok, the hardest part was seperating the clear lens from the housing, after that its really just having a steady hand. just take a sunday and take your time. you will definatly not regret it!

Old 01-18-2009 | 02:38 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by nim81
i like my grille they way it is, its not really chrome its more of a mag or brushed aluminum look but thats a great idea about the fogs, to tell you the truth you truck was my inspiration, i tried nomitating you for totm this month but i dont think i did it right.

and ya draco, for the amount of problems i had , and getting frustrated and almost giving up, they turned out really good. but i have to give my ol' lady credit, she kinda saved the day.
Thanks alot man, i appreciate the sentiment! Its very cool to know my truck inspired someone to do something. However you did it the hard way unlike me. Your job means a bit more being a DIY. Im lazy and just bought mine.

Quick Reply: got my headlights done!!!