3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help selling wife on another add-on...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Rdavenp3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help selling wife on another add-on...

Ok, I need a good reason to give to the wife to get another add on for the truck. I just bought an '08 1500 4x4 about a month ago. Luckily the truck sits up high and my wife is short, so talking her into getting the nerf bars was an easy one. I then told her I needed mud flaps to keep rocks from chipping the paint and she was sold on it. Being greedy, I then told her I needed a tri-fold tonneau cover to keep stuff in the bed dry and get better gas mileage. That one was a little tougher sell, but she OK'd it. Yeah!! I got a nice tri-fold tonneau cover, then realized from reading the forums how easy it is to steal one. So...I put on a show and tell for the wife showing her how quick and easy it was to steal, and got the green light to buy a locking tailgate handle. Alright, I'm 4 for 4 right now and feeling good on my salesmanship!

So here's where I need some help. I saw the rear wheelwell covers on another truck and they look great compared to the empty space behind the wheels. What I need is a good reason (or two or twelve) to convince the wife that I need to get these. I'm batting a thousand right now, and this is going to be the toughest sell job yet! Don't just say go out and buy them, because we all know, if Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

i think you need to be a MAN and just get what you want when you want it. LOL hows that for a reason for wanting something for the truck. just come home with a nice leveling kit, 35x12.5 tires,wheel well liners and a exhaust and say i got this becaus eim a man and i deserve to have this.

yeah youll be on the couch for a week or 2 but isnt that worth it?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

1st: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=120322898829
about 30 dollars cheaper than if you walked in and bought em from the dealership local to you.
2nd: assist the mudflaps in rock chip protection.
3rd: protecting the under/inside of the bed/wheel well from rocks, salt and other trash making cleaning alot easier and helping protect your investment
4th: the appearence of the truck is so much cleaner and flows better with the bed cover and nerf bars.
Hope this helps.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:52 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

sorry i said just go out and buy them because. when my girl aint happy im usually happy haha. when shes happy im usually bored out of my mind shopping. what i usually do when i get something new for the truck is go buy her anew coach bag or go to tiffanys and get her a little necklace or something. usually keeps her from knowing for a while. i thinks she catching on to my tricks now though.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:57 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

LOL Nick. I just buy what i want and tell the ol lady to simply "deal with it" I do what i want when i want and have been this way since day 1 with her. She knows she will never change me and she quit trying. I just answered the post for what he was looking for and hope it helps him out.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:05 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

oh yeah i really hope your not wasting any of your money at the dealer when BETTER products can be bought elsewhere for soooo much cheaper.

Disclaimer: if you plan to be a member of this site for a while, MAN UP, because your wallet will belong to us and you will become addicted to modding your vehicle. lol just kidding.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:17 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My advice: Sell the wife, use the money for mods!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:41 AM
blakeroberts88
Veteran

LOL at first I read it like this: "Need help selling wife for another add-on"
Which would be great if it actually did say that. If you need to sell your wife try craigslist.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
SHNOOL
Rookie

You had me going there... Saw "I need help on selling the wife." That'd be where I'd figure that sentence would end. The I expanded my browser, and saw the rest. Very disappointing. Figured there would be some kind of bidding going on or something.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:09 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Thats what slush funds are for my friend.... I have my bank accountS setup so that about 70% of my pay check goes into our joint account then another 10% goes into my personal account for little things like gas and lunches at work which she knows about and then the last 20% or so goes into an account that she does not know about aka my slush fund. This account works out great for the things you want to buy but she doesn't want you too or when you want to go by her a birthday/christmas/valentines day/anniversary present.

When I was growing up my mom would basically give my dad $20 for the week in cash and that was his spending money (allowance) to do whatever with. When it came close to an anniversary/birthday/christmas he would start taking that $20 and hide it away so he could buy her something without her knowing about it (she does all the accounting/budgeting). Personally I never liked that idea so from day one I have had that slush account set up for that reason...

Quick Reply: Need help selling wife on another add-on...