3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Options I'd like to see on the Dodge Ram

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM
74charger
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options I'd like to see on the Dodge Ram

These are just a couple of the option's I'd like to see dodge offer. I think if they did a few of these it would really put the new dodge ram even further ahead of the competition.

1. Better Lsd - Why can't dodge offer an upgraded lsd, work with detroit or aubrun or something. Just get that damn stock one outta there for the guys who dont want it. I dont know any guy who wouldnt rather have a detroit or aubrun over the stock lsd. Charge a litle extra for it if need be i know i would pay for it.

2. Solid axle up front - I think this would be a great option to have. So many guys hate IFS but dont wanna go as far as a 2500. If dodge offered the SFA I think this would really attract so much extra attention from any guy who wants his truck to do some work.

3.Leveled and upgraded rear springs - I know it such a nice new smooth ride. But what about the guy who wants the truck more for stuff that a truck is actually suppose to do. 1800 lbs of payload sucks sucks sucks. IMO anyone or company looking for work trucks could really shy away from dodge just cus of the low payload rating fords is over 1000lbs more. And many ppl will say well if you want the extra payload get the 2500. sure great except it costs way more and is much worse on gas.

4. Better Off-road option - Right now what does the Trx4 offer extra, I'm pretty sure nothing more then a skid plate. I would love to see an option for locker's or to a lesser extent good lsd's front and rear. If you combine that with the SFA option what a great truck that would be for hunter's, fishermen, campers, off-roaders and so on. I know me and my dad have avoided going places just cus 4x4 really doesnt neccissarily mean all 4 tires spin. If you had the added traction of all 4 tires if would really bring dodge to the front of the line for guys who will be taking there trucks off-road.

These are just a few of the options i'd like to see. I know they probably arent feasible right now with today's economy but IMO those would all bring so much more attention to dodge as just an all around solid truck for the guys who arent just gettin groceries.

What would you guys wanna see?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:01 PM
justanothermoparman
Veteran

I would like to see all of the above. FERD hase their new f-150 that has 35" tires stock and I may be mistaken but a rear locker also. Plus like 400+ horse. I mean come on DODGE lets get your 1500's in line for people who use their truck's as truck's not assphalt queen's!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justanothermoparman
I would like to see all of the above. FERD hase their new f-150 that has 35" tires stock and I may be mistaken but a rear locker also. Plus like 400+ horse. I mean come on DODGE lets get your 1500's in line for people who use their truck's as truck's not assphalt queen's!!!!
thats the ford svt raptor. not the everday ford

Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
74charger
Veteran

Originally Posted by justanothermoparman
Lol exactly. I think your takling about the ford raptor svt right. Dodge needs to make a competitor for that cus that raptor is getting unbelievable attention.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:07 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Agreed. Some manufacturers offer auto-locking differentials. Dodge is behind on that. I don't think you'll see a solid axle on the 1500's though. Also, a little more level in stock form would be nice then we wouldn't have to spend the extra $$$ to level our trucks after we buy them. As for # 4 can you say POWER WAGON? We'll have to wait and see if there will be a 4th gen power wagon.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:11 PM
justanothermoparman
Veteran

Originally Posted by 74charger
Lol exactly. I think your takling about the ford raptor svt right. Dodge needs to make a competitor for that cus that raptor is getting unbelievable attention.
Yes the svt raptor is going to be a big deal for FERD and is going to put a lot of strain on the competition. That is exactly what DODGE need's to do with their half ton. NO MORE ASPHAULT QUEENS!! PLEASE!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
74charger
Veteran

Originally Posted by red06RAM
Agreed. Some manufacturers offer auto-locking differentials. Dodge is behind on that. I don't think you'll see a solid axle on the 1500's though. Also, a little more level in stock form would be nice then we wouldn't have to spend the extra $$$ to level our trucks after we buy them. As for # 4 can you say POWER WAGON? We'll have to wait and see if there will be a 4th gen power wagon.
The power wagon is amazing but again its the 2500 and very very expsensive. I'd love to see a power wagon option on a 1500 I think that would be awesome. A stock 1500 with 3 inch lift from factory and 33-35 inch tires with strong IFS i think would be a popular truck. I guess that could be considered dodge's answer for the ford raptor

Old 02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Let's not talk about ferd anymore lol. I have to take a closer look at the raptor. I'm not familiar with it, in regards to it's differences from a regular f150 suspension/chassis wise.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 PM
74charger
Veteran

Originally Posted by red06RAM
Let's not talk about ferd anymore lol. I have to take a closer look at the raptor. I'm not familiar with it, in regards to it's differences from a regular f150 suspension/chassis wise.
Its good enough that me a guy who hates f-150 likes the new raptor. Its a purpose built off-road baja style truck like way said before with lockers and 33 or 35 inch tires and yeah just a game changing truck for ford.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres the raptor from the auto show.

Quick Reply: Options I'd like to see on the Dodge Ram