3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wanna whoop them chipped diesles!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009 | 11:19 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Quig19
The only way to keep up with us diesels is to buy one... By the time you have wasted ur money in trying to keep up with us.... We will still B a truck length or two ahead... Nothin beats the raw power of a turbo diesel.....
Yea, you can beat a diesel, but you will take so much more to do it. What I want more than anything is a 2003-2006 Chevy 2500 Duramax. Those things look sick, and they haul ***. A friend of my brother, his dad has a truck like I listed, and it hauls ***. Kinda lifted, big tires, he passed up my brother in his truck. And the only thing that kills my brother is that he has a bootlegger, and just spins the one tire.
I'm still not quite sold on getting a Cummins, mostly because of the |6 for racing. For pulling I know that they are a good engine.

Old 03-27-2009 | 11:26 PM
sofakingbad

Originally Posted by HemiNow?
I have a 08 2500 with the hemi and am tired of these diesls blowin that black smoke in my face!! I have a K&N cold air intake, Superchips programer, and flowmaster 50 series exuast. What should be my next upgrades to make my truck go faster? I also pull a 30 foot camper and travel alot of highway miles across the country so i cant put like 4.10 gears or any thing crazy. Im bout to do a tune up and was wondering if anybody has bought them MDS coil packs? Was also wondering if anybody uses any of these new crazy spark plugs they got out. Thanks for any help!

save your money man an learn to deal with the smoke in your face.....

Old 03-27-2009 | 11:31 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

Originally Posted by sofakingbad
save your money man an learn to deal with the smoke in your face.....
I agree... so many mods 4 diesels its sick. besides they can take a pounding. if your hemi had changes like that, it wouldnt last long.

Those duramax diesels are nice too. allison trans is a good combo. now only if dodge had that.

Old 03-27-2009 | 11:40 PM
Quig19
Rookie

ried69, My buddy has a 2002 2500 duramax chipped,cai,exhaust,and injectors.
Read my sig... I take him to school everyday... I have the title to my truck and would put it up against a hemi anyday.... title 4 title????

Old 03-27-2009 | 11:43 PM
sofakingbad

Originally Posted by donjohnk
I agree... so many mods 4 diesels its sick. besides they can take a pounding. if your hemi had changes like that, it wouldnt last long.

Those duramax diesels are nice too. allison trans is a good combo. now only if dodge had that.
allison are VERY good trannys stock.....add about 100hp an they are junk just like everyting else out there......

Old 03-27-2009 | 11:57 PM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran

ya i wasnt sold on cummins until i raced my friends 98 5.9 cummins w/ a black box and exhaust , both pulling trailers , at 60 mph we hit , and holy sh*t lol - i couldnt believe it! focker pulled on me and i could not catch him for nothing!

i do here duramax's give cummins the challenge though, and i hear good things about those all the time...but id rather have the cummins any day of the week!

Old 03-28-2009 | 12:00 AM
SOUTHERN SMOKE

its hard to whoop them chipped diesel's..... rascals are fast....

Old 03-28-2009 | 12:09 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Quig19
ried69, My buddy has a 2002 2500 duramax chipped,cai,exhaust,and injectors.
Read my sig... I take him to school everyday... I have the title to my truck and would put it up against a hemi anyday.... title 4 title????
On this same principle, I could make my sig. "You got a pedal bike? Bet my Hemi will beat it."
Purely obvious I'll whoop him. I wouldn't even want to race you, I know that you would kill me.

Originally Posted by ramracing4.7ltr
i do here duramax's give cummins the challenge though, and i hear good things about those all the time...but id rather have the cummins any day of the week!
I'd rather have the Duramax. I know some people who have both, and the guys with the Cummins say that they only went that route because they aren't using them so much going down the road, but more in the field as a work truck on the farm. One of our cousin's said that it was between his Cummins and the Duramax, but he just didn't need the speed. He'd love to have it, but couldn't justify it. I'd love to have a 6.7L Cummins, but would also love a 6.6L Duramax.

Old 03-28-2009 | 12:12 AM
sofakingbad

Originally Posted by SOUTHERN SMOKE
its hard to whoop them chipped diesel's..... rascals are fast....

whats up buddy

Old 03-28-2009 | 12:17 AM
SOUTHERN SMOKE

Originally Posted by sofakingbad
whats up buddy

haha not much chase, whats going on?

Quick Reply: Wanna whoop them chipped diesles!