3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HYPERTECH OR SUPERCHIPS

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 02:12 PM
chrishemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HYPERTECH OR SUPERCHIPS

I have a 2004 Dodge ram HEMI MG. Hypertech has the porgrammer ready for the truck. I know that Superchips programmer will be ready soon as well. Shich is a better prgrammer, and or should I just go ahead and get the hypertech. Honest;ly they both have the same exact functions just didnt know what was goign to givre my truck more power. Also I have headers...will they have to do a custom tune for that????????? thanks for all help

Old 03-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain
Default RE: HYPERTECH OR SUPERCHIPS

I was watching a program on cable called trucks. They were talking about this gaget that hooks up under your dash that booast your performance and horse powerin a hemi. they had a web site but I forgot the first part of it. can anyone help me out.. It was ...power.com. They claim it does wonders for the newer Hemi engine.

Old 03-06-2005, 09:52 PM
goodestuff

I'm waiting for hypertech to make one for my 05. I guess I have a speed limiter on mine and I need it to be a little faster. I want to race it on the track.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:27 PM
hemiwolf
Rookie

I just bought the superchips programmer today.

Goodyear now makes a Wrangler tire for 20" wheels and I just had to have them. (What an AWESOME look! They really fill the wheel wells nicely!!!!)
They are slightly larger than the Eagle LS tires that came stock on the 20's so I bought the programmer mainly to compensate for the new tire size.

It has a tuned program for 87 octane or premium octane. It can also raise your speed limiter and rev limiter.
Since I had a tank full of mid grade (89 octane) I thought I better play it safe... so I put in the 87 octane program... then adjusted for my new tires.

All I can say is....
I can't wait to try the premium program because the 87 program *ROCKS* all on its own! WOW... It definately makes a noticable difference.
My butt dyno says it will shave maybe 2 tenths off a totally stock 1/4 mile. Say at least 15 HP at the rear wheels but most likely more.

There is one WARNING I need to put out there though....
If the truck is moving down the road... and you put the truck in neutral to coast a bit.... the engine stalls out. It tries to idle at like 400 RPM for a half second and then just fades away.. Suddenly your power steering is gone!!! If you put it in neutral and rev the engine yourself with the gas petal keeping it above 1K you will be fine... but left to its own logic it will stall out.

I plan on asking Superchips about it... I don't know if the premium program has the same issue. I can let you know in about a week when I fill up again!

despite this little "undocumented feature" I still say it was worth it!! the engine just purrs so much more smoothly now. I think the stock timing was way to conservative. I expect to see a noticable change in gas milage... once I am done flooring it every chance I get! haha

Old 03-09-2005, 01:45 AM
sig
Professional

the superchips programmer also double as a diagnostic code reader.
i have yet to find one for less than $400

http://www.superchips.com/html/produ...gas_trucks.htm

Old 03-09-2005, 06:54 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same with the Hypertech.

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/product_searchvehicle.html

Old 03-11-2005, 02:01 AM
Herky130

the The website you're thinking of is www.bankspower.com. They have an exhaust system fot he hemi but I think their main focus is diesel performance equipment. check it out

Old 03-24-2005, 01:18 PM
WingViper
All Star

So there is really no difference between the superchip and the hypertech? I talked to a guy that does tuning yesterday and he pushes the superchips, saying the computer takes the programming a little easier than the hypertech. Think this is BS?

Old 03-24-2005, 05:36 PM
jayskynr
Veteran

after getting the superchips for my truck , i called the customer service # to see where the most gains will come . the guy told me to put it into towing performance rather than just performance. havent dont it yet, but as soon as i get a chance i will.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:07 PM
moparturd
Banned

jayskynr

Have you done any dyno pulls with your truck? If so, how much of a gain was there?

Quick Reply: HYPERTECH OR SUPERCHIPS