3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just bought an '05 Ram 1500!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009 | 07:26 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
Yes, you did indeed set yourself up for that one.
And don't worry, I can find you a 2nd gen as soon as you need one. Might even find a 2nd gen guy who will trade you his for yours, so we can get us a new member in here. lol

And I don't believe that I've said anything about your truck. But it looks really nice, just got to get us some more pictures up of it when it's nicer out.
yeah thanks. actually maybe ill try to go after the big fish and get a 4th gen ram haha
i wonder what kind of 2nd gen i can get? give me a list of people who would want to do it and ill think about lol
they do make my grill for the 2nd gen ram

Old 04-11-2009 | 08:43 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

just as long as you listen to us and make wiser decisions and dont take your tranny to that friggen shop ever and i mean ever well all be fine right neon.....

Old 04-11-2009 | 09:28 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by ried69
How'd you know? We're wanting you to leave us, and go bother the 2nd gen guys. You can be their headache. lol
we dont need anymore headache lol jk

Old 04-11-2009 | 10:19 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
From: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

MINT! Lol, now you just got to change your user name! Lol. C U Soon bra, and wele race and get a photo shoot! Lol. NAKED! Lol, J/P.

Old 04-11-2009 | 10:53 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by jusjay727
just as long as you listen to us and make wiser decisions and dont take your tranny to that friggen shop ever and i mean ever well all be fine right neon.....
That tranny story is nuts. Probably one of the most messed up repair shop stories that I have ever heard.

Old 04-11-2009 | 11:00 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

i was there for it all and wow what a world of **** he got into and the posts and threads ongoing for days... and now what.....hopefully hes chill now.....

Old 04-11-2009 | 11:09 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jusjay727
i was there for it all and wow what a world of **** he got into and the posts and threads ongoing for days... and now what.....hopefully hes chill now.....
wait, what happened exactly?

Old 04-11-2009 | 11:47 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

I don't mind explaining it now since I don't own the truck...but I can give you a little background.

In March of 2008, my transmission fried up in my '01 Ram 1500. So I dropped with a transmission shop called "New England Transmission". It was at this point and juncture that I heavily contemplated putting in a "heavy duty/performance" unit in the truck since it was lifted and had 35" tires. I figured it would be a good time to build the truck up right because you only have one chance to put in a new transmission. Anyways, I gave this shop $4,100 to build me a wild transmission. After I got the truck back, I noticed it was shifting out of cue, and was incredibly choppy. Definitely wasn't worth the money I gave them. Basically months went by of trying to get them to tweak their transmission, but every time they'd fix one symptom, another one would emerge. Finally, they told me it was my over sized tires causing the problems, and that if I wanted it to shift stock, that I should go get a stock truck. So, I took the initiative to take my lift off and put the stock tires back on the truck; and sure enough, the transmission remained choppy. Months went by of going back and forth with them and still nothing was being resolved. At last, I hired a lawyer, and after three months of that, I got them to take their "performance" unit out and they put a stock transmission back into the truck. Basically I paid $$3,750 for a stock transmission not including lawyer fees. That was the straw that broke the camels back with that truck. Now it runs great, but I wanted nothing to do with it anymore.

Old 04-11-2009 | 11:53 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

wow, im sorry. that sucks. I can see how that would make anyone furious. Well, at least now youre in the right truck

Old 04-11-2009 | 11:59 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

I really did like my 2nd generation ram, but I think it's fair to say that you really can't even call a 3rd generation a "Ram". They are entirely different. To some, this may be why they don't like them, but for me, it's exactly what I wanted. I feel like I'm driving in a car, yet I have that giant hemi motor powering me around. It's a sensational feeling. It just drives so smoothly, I love that. Like I said, to each his own though. I just feel like this truck fits my personality. It has that very sporty look, yet it's practical with the four doors...not to mention, it's much too fast lol.

Quick Reply: Just bought an '05 Ram 1500!