3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I beat him by a truck length the entire way. I let off when he flashed me around 110 mph(stupid I know, but it needed to be settled). I've been in his truck many times, and it's always impressed me, so I'm that much more appreciative of the power of the hemi. It's going to be nice hearing that flowmaster roar in a couple of weeks. The whole quite thing isn't working too well for me lol.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:09 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

That's a good run then...usually they fall on their face up top.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:20 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

F150's from 04 up are pigs. Very heavy. Also usually undergeared. 3:73 if you're lucky. Usually 3.55 with tall tires.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:32 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I've been around Fords all my life, and they sure don't take performance in prides like the dodges do. Then again, dodges weren't really anything special up until 2003 with the Hemi. The F-150s aren't fast at all, but they are a true work truck. They specialize in towing and heavy payloads. When I'm in my friends F-150, it feels like a dump truck. I do like my dodge ram quite a bit though. I like how it sits up high stock, and just moves so effortlessly. It doesn't have the greatest payload ability with the 20s, but I'm sure it tows just fine, haven't had a chance to tow anything just yet. Today, I had to pick up a pallet of pete moss. It has 30 bags in it. The truck was definetly squatting, it could have probably handeled it the two miles to my parents house, but it was just way too high. Wound up having to go back. We took 8 bags off, but it handeled the 22 bags just fine.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill man. But get some mods on that truck so you can put more lengths on him next time.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Have somewhat of an embarrassing story to tell lol...

Tonight on my way to work, I hit a red light at an intersection. Once you cross the intersection, it goes from two lanes to one, so you have to throttle it sometimes if you don't want to get stuck behind somebody for miles. Anyways, I pulled up at the light in the left lane next to an "old man" Ford Ranger, had to have been the v6. I nudged a little bit ahead of him, and I was prepared to have to give it a little bit in case he wanted to give me a hassle. Usually people don't floor it on me, so I don't always like to just floor it for no reason. After sitting at the light for about 2 minutes, it turned green, and much to my surprise, the guy in the Ranger floors it. I immediately was caught off guard, but hadn't planned on flooring on it. So he got ahead of me about a truck length before I decided to mash it. However even at full throttle, I just couldn't get ahead of him and the next thing I knew, I had run out of room to squeeze by him. I couldn't believe it, the Ranger smoked me lol. Granted I would have won if I had floored it when the light turned green, but still, I was very confident I was going to catch up lol. A Ranger?!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by 01DodgeRam360
Have somewhat of an embarrassing story to tell lol...

Tonight on my way to work, I hit a red light at an intersection. Once you cross the intersection, it goes from two lanes to one, so you have to throttle it sometimes if you don't want to get stuck behind somebody for miles. Anyways, I pulled up at the light in the left lane next to an "old man" Ford Ranger, had to have been the v6. I nudged a little bit ahead of him, and I was prepared to have to give it a little bit in case he wanted to give me a hassle. Usually people don't floor it on me, so I don't always like to just floor it for no reason. After sitting at the light for about 2 minutes, it turned green, and much to my surprise, the guy in the Ranger floors it. I immediately was caught off guard, but hadn't planned on flooring on it. So he got ahead of me about a truck length before I decided to mash it. However even at full throttle, I just couldn't get ahead of him and the next thing I knew, I had run out of room to squeeze by him. I couldn't believe it, the Ranger smoked me lol. Granted I would have won if I had floored it when the light turned green, but still, I was very confident I was going to catch up lol. A Ranger?!
ummmmmm, WHAT!?!?!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:10 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

LMAO, I thought it was hilarious. I was just laughing to myself feeling so ignorant. I always tell myself that you either have to floor it completely, or not even try. Otherwise you get stuck flooring it late and looking like you tried your best. I should have just floored it from a dig or not have even tried lol. Little bastard probably thinks he just took down a Hemi. Still though, I should have been able to catch back up.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star

now that just doesnt sound right at all because theses trucks do great at a roll I can barely get it to hook up from a stop have to roll onto the throttle but I have beaten my bro's Tiburon V6 6 speed a mustang GT auto and looked like bad gears a Honda prelude Vtech and a couple others so this truck gets up and goes

Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah I am very aware of how nicely these trucks move. I guess I wasn't even expecting the guy to floor it. I was just kind of anticipating doing a little 3,000rpm special and not think about it. I was at about 2,000rpms before I slammed it, and he was just moving. Don't get that at all.

Quick Reply: Hemi Performance