3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sand sux!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Jason D
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Sand sux!!!

I have to say that I had never taken a rig on the beach before, nor will I do it again. Besides the fact that I got a $242 ticket for doing brodies on the beach, the damn sand is everywhere.

I have washed the truck 3 times and its still everywhere. I knew it would get sand and salt all over but I guess I didnt realise just how hard it would be to get it clean. i hit the DIY carwash preasure washer as soon as I got off the beach and figured I would be good to go after that. WRONG once it dried there is still tons of sand so I busted out the compressed air. Layed on my back for 20 minutes and end up with sand in every orifice of my body. The compresed air did ok but still not happy with the end result so I again climb under the truck wiht the water hose and gave it another deutching.

I live in the great north west where it rains like 300 days a year and I cant catch a damn break and get a little bit of help from mother nature here! If it would just rain I think the rest will hopefully be wisked away.

Not to mention how it is all throught the inside of the truck too. i havent even made an attempt to deal with that yet.

I did get a couple nice shots of the truck on the beach though. I wish I would have thought to taken a picture while the copper had me pulled over with the bluies on. Didnt think about it untul it was all over though.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:37 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice truck! and sand is a bitch to get out. mud is easier lol

Old 05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Looks like a beached whale

Old 05-10-2009, 04:42 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

that sucks I hate the sand too, its a SOB to get out.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:47 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

The wife and I usually head over to the beach about twice a month when the summer months arrive. We usually go out on the beach too. I just cruise, and check out the haps out there. Typically we have friends out there camping, so we hang out there.

Ive found if you want to play hard in te sand or mud, you need to be prepared to work hard when you get home. This is why I dont play in the mud anymore! Usually after cruising in the dunes all weekend, we stop at the bubble brush and drop about ten dollars in. Then give her a good wash when we get home.

glad you had fun!

Old 05-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Alpheus
Banned

Yep gotta pay to play. I love cruisin the beach at OBX.

PS
Did you see Bigfoot yet livin in the Pacific north west??? I heard he is all over up there...

Old 05-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Jason D
Veteran

Yeah it was all fun until Jonny Law showed up and ruined it all!

I guess it could have been worse, if the tide had been out then I would have goten a $750 ticket for disturbing the clam beds. I thought I was all good with noone in my visible sight range I figured I could have a little fun. About 15 minutes into tearing up the dunes and beach and here comes the LAW doing about 60mph with the lights just a blazing!

EDIT: Nope I cant say that I have seen Bigfoot up to this point, but I guarantee if I do i will get some pictures posted up ASAP(dead in the back of my truck)!

Last edited by Jason D; 05-10-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:33 PM
maalna2
Rookie

Your truck looks awesome with the ocean in the back ground.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Matt99
Champion

just a tip, if you are planning on going in sand (whether a beach or sand bar) just go ahead and get a gallon can of WD-40 (the industrial non-pressurized container) and put it in a squirt bottle...

Before going on the beach, spend 5 minutes and squirt up all under your truck, just a light coat...it doesnt take that long....but when you get done, a water hose will get it all off, usually without any real pressure

Old 05-10-2009, 10:14 PM
MattBiz223
Professional

Your truck looks sick man, and the picture you have as your signature....amazing

Quick Reply: Sand sux!!!