3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new guy on the block

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:29 AM
J.Best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up new guy on the block

I bought my first truck just recently and i love the mess out of it, but there is always room for improvement i was wondering if you guys can send me some links for good cheep starter items (IE: intakes, turbo ect.) i will greatly appreciate all help.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:29 AM
SlimJim24
Rookie

Originally Posted by J.Best
I bought my first truck just recently and i love the mess out of it, but there is always room for improvement i was wondering if you guys can send me some links for good cheep starter items (IE: intakes, turbo ect.) i will greatly appreciate all help.
welcome to DF...
congratulations on your wise purchase
rams are amazing

as for links, i'm not the guy to go to

derricksmash or chambers or raminator could be helpful though i'm sure, among others

good luck with all your mods

Old 05-12-2009, 05:57 AM
J.Best

thanks ive been reading for a few hours and i noticed people saying that home made CAI are semi easy and cheep to make and install would that be a bad idea? im about to move so the cheaper the better.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:14 AM
johnambler41577

As far as CAI, there was a link here recently for one on ebay that was around $80 with a K&N filter. Derrick said it was what he used on his truck and I may be getting one myself here on Father's Day (my wife is planning on buying it for me). Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

these steps are all you
1) cai (see seller: chromeintakes on ebay)
2) headers
3) brainbox (jet chip)
4) gears
5) get angry your truck still isn' THAT fast.
6) from there, it's little things, e-fans, maybe an sts turbo, that powerwire thing people like, i hear good things about fastman throttle bodies. lighter wheels/truck (roll pan?), wet shot

Old 05-12-2009, 05:26 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one if very similar to the spectre you asked about in another thread http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.co...S-V218205.html. To answer your other question AFE stage 1 intakes usually just replace the filter w/ an open element not all the restrictive tubing so I advise against them. The spectre is a good choice and the only differences between it and the one I linked to are price, the mount for the end of the tube, and the filter. On the spectre the mount is on the bottom b/c the side mount tends to eventually break. The velocity intake is also listed under bomz sometimes on ebay for about the same price. All these intakes are knockoffs of the mopar/aem intake which costs from 300-400 dollars.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 PM
MarkMark6464
Professional

Welcome! And brace yourself for step 5! And then embrace it. Ha

Trending Topics

Old 05-12-2009, 11:46 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

Induction, exhaust, fuel, and then power adders... with supporting mods. And welcome to the best forum and community on the world wide web... DF! Oh yeah and find the thread and get yourself a DF T-shirt!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:25 AM
SlimJim24
Rookie

Originally Posted by johnambler41577
As far as CAI, there was a link here recently for one on ebay that was around $80 with a K&N filter. Derrick said it was what he used on his truck and I may be getting one myself here on Father's Day (my wife is planning on buying it for me). Anyway, welcome to the forum!
yeah that was my thread, i just bought a chromeintakes CAI with a K&N filter for like $106, shipped

that's my first performance mod

Old 05-13-2009, 01:01 AM
J.Best

WOW thanks to all for the help!! chambers it says its for a V8 '04 will that really fit, my buddy was talking about going to autozone and getting some pieces to do a custom intake any views on that? and the link for the shirt dosent work for me

Quick Reply: new guy on the block