3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Damn idiot drivers!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyro
So wait, this doesn't happen to you at least 5 times a day? I'd love to see how you handled Orlando traffic, it's horrible here. Maybe I've become de-sensitized, the idiocy is so rampant here you begin to expect it.
yup, that^^

try downtown chicago at 5pm (girl works downtown)

Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

There are idiots in every state... here, I pass 5-6 people a day to and from work during rush hour traffic that are reading a novel while driving. They have their book on the streering wheel and could careless where they are going, which lane of traffic they are in, how fast (or SLOW) they are going...

Then (sorry if I offend anyone) you have the illegal hispanics, they drive either way to fast or way to slow. There is no in between. The ones that drive to fast dont care about anyone else and will hit you and keep going, and the ones that drive to slow look scared to death to be driving...

One of my neighbors is an asian driver and thinks the speed limit is 5mph through the neighborhood (25mph speed limit), 10mph on the main roads (45mph speed limit), and maybe 25mph on the freeway maybe (65mph speed limit). If I leave my house 1 min. later than I usually do I get stuck behind her for about 5min as she leaves the neighborhood and another 10min while she waits to turn onto the main road

And last but not least we get the snow birds... Driving home in the winter is like driving through a mine field. I have seen old farts turn on the off ramp towards traffic towards me, make left turns from the right turn lanes and right turns from the left hand turn lanes, coast through red lights, stop at green lights, go 25 in a 65,...my personal favorite hold conversations between 3 cars going 5mph or less in a 45mph zone blocking all lanes of traffic.... The list goes on and on and on. The worst snow bird offenders seem to be from Minnesota and Michigan, they just can not drive PERIOD!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Noobieonbusa
Asian driver here.. but u know what, i totally agree with the whole asian drivers thing.. I stay away from asian areas if i can. Them asians even **** me off. lol. but! i think i found people worse then asians driving... drivers from Iraq and Kosovo. I think ive had more close calls sitting in my hwmvv in Kosovo then i have my entire time of been driving in cali.
I WISH I had an armored (and armed!) Humvee to drive here. I still have a scrape down my passenger side flank that looks like it's from a black plastic mirror, but there's no point in getting it fixed (as much as it pains me to look at) until I transfer out of here.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Shea85

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
That's more of a woman thing
F that noise! I feel bad for those in major "cities". I'm in Iowa. Not a lot of traffic. Occasional tractor to pass. Lots of deer. I have hit a couple. Not even a scratch. Got to watch for loose cows in the road though. Those will mess up a truck. NOT ALL WOMEN ARE BAD DRIVERS

Old 07-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shea85
NOT ALL WOMEN ARE BAD DRIVERS
No not all. Just most of the ones 16-24, yackin' on their cellphones in their goddamn Toyota Corollas and Honda Accords, not paying a damn bit of attention, weaving in and out of traffic, and generally being a pain in the ***.

But the absolute worst drivers on the road are old men wearing hats driving Lincoln Towncars or Cadillacs. They should be pulled over by the police, dragged out of their vehicles, and shot.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a guy today that made no sense to me. I was driving home from work in a 4 lane interstate in my Mustang. Cruising in the slow lane doing the 65mph speed limit. I drive past an entrance onto the freeway and there are cars to the left of me in the fast lane. This tard in a Red Durango (Yep, a Dodge sorry to say) came flying up on the right of me in the damn emergency lane trying to get it. I just kept on driving and he gets in behind me and then throws me the double bird for about 1/4 mile. I'm like, WTF did I do you idiot, so I jabbed the brake and scared the crap out of him. He then later tried to pass me in the slow lane after I had changed lanes and came up on traffic. He got up beside me and flipped be off again, so I flipped him off, dropped back into 3rd gear and with a chirp of the tires, left him stewing slower traffic.
I have no clue what was up his ****. Like it was my fault that he tried to pass and cut me off in the emergency lane.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:50 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a guy the other day on a 4 lane 45 mph road get stuck behind a bus stopping in the right lane. He waits until right as I'm getting there in the left lane to decide he doesn't want to wait for the bus. He almost rams my truck in the process and has to stomp on the brakes as I swerve to keep from getting hit, then wants to pull up next to me at the next light and has the nerve to ask why I wouldn't let him in. Par for the course here.

Last edited by HemiLonestar; 07-15-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But, I'll share too.

What I get a kick out of, is when we are one of the big trucks, loaded down with a 27 foot trailer chalked full of hay, and people still assume we can stop just as quick as their little car can. Every single time we have to drive through one of the larger towns (loaded) there is at least 4 different people that will zoom in ahead of us to change lanes and be the first person at the stop light. One of these days one of them is going to cut it too close and we wont be able to stop. We have cracked solid rotors before trying to get the rig shut down in time.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:56 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
But, I'll share too.

What I get a kick out of, is when we are one of the big trucks, loaded down with a 27 foot trailer chalked full of hay, and people still assume we can stop just as quick as their little car can. Every single time we have to drive through one of the larger towns (loaded) there is at least 4 different people that will zoom in ahead of us to change lanes and be the first person at the stop light. One of these days one of them is going to cut it too close and we wont be able to stop. We have cracked solid rotors before trying to get the rig shut down in time.
At least you know your rig can stop it though even though it takes a bit longer to do it. I have seen so many little s10 driving around with a 14ft+ utility trailer loaded with large rock and slate going down the freeway in rush hour traffic trying to drive like a sports car with their bumpers dragging on the ground. They hit their breaks and just slide forward, absolutely no control over anything, or the trailer jack knifes into the other lane swinging the truck around.

I have watched one of these retards slam into a flat bed tow rid because he couldn't stop, his truck was a convertable when I passed the wreck, I watched as the car in front of me was hit by a swinging trailer plowed into the side of their mini van. One morning the guy stopped and his trailer flipped around the side of him and came off the hitch (well broke off the hitch from the looks of it) and it went rolling down the freeway into another car.

Whenever I see one though (maybe once every other month) I get as far away from them as I physically can. I dont want anything to do with them.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:02 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was driving the other day and had to slow down for this person turning left. in the right lane, a ferd blows by me towing a trailer full of crap. then all of a sudden his trailer gets un hooked and its swinging from side to side. if i didnt have to slow down i would have been hit by that damn trailer!!!

Quick Reply: Damn idiot drivers!