3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: Which route did you/will you take???
Power and performance First/Leave visual mods stock (or close to it)
28.07%
Visual mods First/Leave Performance Stock
7.02%
A little of both here and there
64.91%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Appearance vs Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:54 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RodeoRamCowgirl
I voted a little of both, but it all depends on your budget, in all reality, most visual mods are cheaper. I am broke, mom of 2 still recovering physically and financially from a car accident. I was restless and wanted to do something, so I broke down and spent 20-25 bucks to do some accentual mods to my balt. granted it isnt a lot to spend, but I got my materials to do the following-
- Krylon paint and clear coat to get my armrests repainted and I have enough to do my entire dash panels that are silver the same way,
- Black edge trim to do my doors (which are already done) and my trunk lid as well as have enough left over to do my truck when I get her.
- Stuff to debadge my trunk of my car.
- and even eye protection glasses Safety first LMAO

Like I said, it's not a lot, but some people have already said something about what I have done. But you dont want to get a lot of visuals without changing some things under the hood to keep up with it's image

and that is Cow-Chick's
Shame it's a Cheby, cause I saw them (well pics anyway) and they came out really well. Would have been nice for you to put a few pics up here so others can see what you can do on a really limited budget. Maybe you can put them up in OT or Non-Dodge Member Rides section and link to them...

Old 07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Shame it's a Cheby, cause I saw them (well pics anyway) and they came out really well. Would have been nice for you to put a few pics up here so others can see what you can do on a really limited budget. Maybe you can put them up in OT or Non-Dodge Member Rides section and link to them...
It's after July 10th, so I can and hell if ppl wanna see a Cheby and what you can do on a limited budget I will put it up... but only if ppl are interested to see... after all this is a DODGE forum, not Chevy Forum... that place is sooooo dead... I would know

there are some pics in my album I think... I know I added some and took down one pic

Old 07-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with performance since you already know exactly what you want to do and how you want to do it. Then when you are done with performance you will have a sleeper truck until you have time to get around to the appearance mods.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:58 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

i alternated them. do a performance thing or two first, the a few visuals, back to performance, etc.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

more power!!!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:25 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

Originally Posted by lxman1
more power!!!!!
I just had to... MORE POWER *GRUNTS*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxokTybPVRQ

Old 07-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

Power & performance is not really a fair vote. Say you put a winch on for the performance IE, can lift your truck off the ground. Is this performance or is it also bling because it does make the truck look better. Shoes are in the same category. I could keep street tires on my trick but I opted for offf road tirs as I take mine off the beaten path on a regular basis. It looks good but it was done for performance.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 PM
287cc
Veteran

Im a bargin hunter. Whichever deal that comes first thats on my checklist I grab.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 287cc
Im a bargin hunter. Whichever deal that comes first thats on my checklist I grab.
Same here.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 PM
davb673
Veteran

I started with some minor performance mods, but that's because I just cannot leave well enough alone. Do what makes you happy. That is basically the route I am taking. I think the best part is doing it yourself. Familiarity breeds content...

Quick Reply: Appearance vs Performance