3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lowered Trucks: tech and info....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010 | 07:15 PM
BadHab1t
|
Grand Champion

fail....

Old 08-18-2010 | 10:27 AM
Dmh13

Hey guys im kinda new aroind here but i just wanted to drop by and say hey i have an 08 qc ram with a mcgaugheys 4/6 drop ill be hanging around here if thats cool haha

Old 08-18-2010 | 10:57 AM
BadHab1t
|
Grand Champion

its cool with us just post up some pics so we can see were all pic ****** so dont be shy...just make sure the pics you post are pics of your truck and not somebody elses....small joke recently had a guy figure out his truck was being claimed by a long time member here...lol what a douche bag....anyways welcome i also have a lower class club that the guys shoot the hooo in ....click the link in my sig,i also have other clubs if you have a 4.7l or your truck is black....

Old 08-18-2010 | 04:03 PM
TXhemi5.7
Rookie

Originally Posted by mdeniz
Just ordered my belltech 2/5 with ND2 Shocks...any words of wisdom?
You will love your new ride. Get some new sway bars and cal-tracs. to keep the truck planted to the ground when u accel. when i got mine done right after i went off the line and my tires kept spinning lol. Hey another thing make sure if you have dual exhaust the when u drop it the exhuast does not run over the pumpkin, because the ABS electrical line runs there and my exhaust burned right through the heat shield and then through the line.

Old 08-19-2010 | 09:32 AM
Dmh13

Sweet deal. I have pics in the lower class social group and in my garage but the computers been acting screwy so i havent gotten them everywhere id like haha

Old 08-19-2010 | 03:29 PM
mdeniz
Rookie

Originally Posted by TXhemi5.7
You will love your new ride. Get some new sway bars and cal-tracs. to keep the truck planted to the ground when u accel. when i got mine done right after i went off the line and my tires kept spinning lol. Hey another thing make sure if you have dual exhaust the when u drop it the exhuast does not run over the pumpkin, because the ABS electrical line runs there and my exhaust burned right through the heat shield and then through the line.
Cool, thanks for the tips, it's got stock exahust for now, once i'm done dropping it exahust is next for sure! I'll keep the ABS line present then!

Old 08-19-2010 | 04:14 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by mdeniz
Cool, thanks for the tips, it's got stock exahust for now, once i'm done dropping it exahust is next for sure! I'll keep the ABS line present then!
Just another note on (pun) exhaust. Things to consider is exhaust should be done after the drop is completed and if you are going to install a roll pan the exhaust usually will need to be modified again to clean up how it exits. IMO, exhaust tips have to be just right as they tend to mess up the clean lowered body line if they are hanging down. Good luck....

Old 08-20-2010 | 06:26 PM
TXhemi5.7
Rookie

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Just another note on (pun) exhaust. Things to consider is exhaust should be done after the drop is completed and if you are going to install a roll pan the exhaust usually will need to be modified again to clean up how it exits. IMO, exhaust tips have to be just right as they tend to mess up the clean lowered body line if they are hanging down. Good luck....
True...or you do what im doing and run headers high flow cats an x pipe and dump right at the end of the cab

Old 08-20-2010 | 06:50 PM
TXhemi5.7
Rookie

Hey guys, pulled out of Babes Chicken last night in Roanoke TX. I have a tapout hitch cover and i had to go over a huge dip but i didnt think it would hit since ive done it before but this time i hit and tore my steel tapout cover. Bad mistake! haha only downside to a lowered truck/car

Old 08-20-2010 | 08:43 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

You scared me for a minute, but I see you have a bumper and your hitch is hanging pretty low. Wouldn't happen with a roll pan as my hitch sits higher behind the plate. Besides you have to be careful winging it out of Chicken joints...

Quick Reply: Lowered Trucks: tech and info....