3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Backseat A/C

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:54 PM
hemidel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would really like to know if there is a way to do that. Would a fan look stupid clipped in the truck?

Old 07-26-2009, 11:00 PM
96RamSLT
Veteran

i never use ac... lol so i personally wouldnt attempt it.. plus my amp clogs up my seat..

but if im thinking correctly.. if u build it maybe 4 inches tall ... and somehow attach it to the frame of the seat, plus just make sure u have either stretchy plastic hose like slinky hose, or slack in ur hose so that can move with the seat a few inches... then just fit it into the hoses up front.. it should go just fine? just pipe connect it to the front lines.. now u wouldnt have a dual control **** or ne thing.. or u could i guess.. so its not like the grand caravan.. but hey man.. its air circulation.. and its cold..

Old 07-30-2009, 08:30 PM
NoBlinger
Rookie

A quad cab is really not that much space my kids are just as cold as I am in the front. Point the center vents right at them and turn it up. It's not like your trying to cool a warehouse or something. Use a sweet Elmo sun shade on the rear windows that might help. Don't forget the baby on board sticker!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Spokane_Dodge
Rookie

Originally Posted by NoBlinger
A quad cab is really not that much space my kids are just as cold as I am in the front. Point the center vents right at them and turn it up.
+1
Center vents straight back, side vents straight down the sides angled up. Takes a little longer to get to the back but not much, after a few minutes on 3-4 Max AC the whole cab should be cold.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:14 PM
96RamSLT
Veteran

he said he wanted mad ac... thats what i was suggesting.. like i said.. i roll with tinted windows up with mild ac.. stays cool.. or windows down.. slider open.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:43 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Problem with this is, the air output is knida lame in the Rams to begin with. My fan screams while ouput is so-so. it's cold, but doesn't blow hard enough to channel through a tube under the carpet. My Exploder has back seat air but i am pretty sure it has an auxilary blower motor to be able to pull the air from the front to the rear.

besides, your from Seattle. All it does it rain ther and what's average temp. like 65-70 degrees in the summer?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:20 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

100 up there right now El Nino has struck.

A better idea than the dryer hose to the rear would be to hook up a a/c power inverter and put a small window unit a/c in a rear door window

Seriously, it would be a pita to try to tie into the ductwork to run rear vents. Maybe you could find a wrecked Megacab and remove the parts from it.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:15 AM
bigmiah22
Veteran

Unless you did a custome center console to run over the air housings its going to probably look pretty trashy.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:15 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

How's the mega set up...are the ducts through the center console?

Old 08-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Spokane_Dodge
+1
Center vents straight back, side vents straight down the sides angled up. Takes a little longer to get to the back but not much, after a few minutes on 3-4 Max AC the whole cab should be cold.
i agree with this.....i climbed back there the other day just to see. you could feel the air, my daughter says she can feel it all the time. the only problem we have is when the truck is full and an adult is sitting in the middle up front. then it does suck.

Quick Reply: Backseat A/C