3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

coments on this new truck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:03 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
We could debate numbers all night but the reality is that if RH likes it and it does what he needs it to do that is really all that matters. And we will still like you RH even if you do drive a Nissan .
not driving one yet teach lol and you guys are real peer preasure som biotches you no that lol.
i feel if i get the nisan i wont be welcomed???
so i feel the need to buy the 2500??? i feel like this is a good home but allot of you are onesided to the ram ??? i was till i looked at other makes dont judge a book by its cover guys.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:06 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Oh come on, after all of this you need to get something with 4 doors
i no lol really need the 4 door now the wife wants another kid lol 2 dr wont cut it lol

Old 07-29-2009, 09:07 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by Bluesmanjesse
RH We recently had a major hail storm here in my neck of the woods and there's a guy I work with who has a white truck just like the nissan you are looking at. He says he loves the truck but in the hail storm his truck took an a$$ whoopin' from the hail. Maybe they are saving weight in the sheet metal,I dunno. At the end of the day you have to be happy with what you buy,be it a dodge, furd,nissan,whatever. If you are sitting there regretting your purchase for whatever reason then you will be truck shopping again in no time. Honestly if I had it to do over personally for my needs I would have bought a CTD 2500,but you know your needs better than all of us so go with what works and makes you happy. The novelty of getting a cheap price will fade long before your regret if you buy something you don't really want just because it was priced good.
thanks for that bro you understand me !

Old 07-29-2009, 09:07 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not one sided. ive driven a ford f150, and a titan. i will still take my ram any day

Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
i no lol really need the 4 door now the wife wants another kid lol 2 dr wont cut it lol
I don't know how you do it with one kid in a two door let alone two kids down the road.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:09 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh come on, after all of this you need to get something with 4 doors

Yeah for real dude, don't get frustrated just dont get hung up on everyone elses opinions. got with what feels good and what will meet your needs!!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

I don't know how you do it with one kid in a two door let alone two kids down the road.
this is why we are selling the ram now... to prepair for the future ....and not to mention a full size huntin truck lol
its not all bad the ol lady drives a HHR now (blahhh) traded in our durango for it to "save gas" i told her not to but thats a diff story .. that magical thing between her legs makes the calls i guess

Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Sorry for all the quotes, I posted my last post without reading the rest of the thread first.

i beg to differ bullet even thow i hate to say it yes the titan is faster than a hemi..reason is... the titan engin is all aluminum for one thing (lighter) the titan is 2k pounds lighter than a 1500 hemi and TQ managment to the rear in a titan is 12% loss *** a hemi is 28% loss this means a lighter titan with more power to the rear wheels will be faster than a stock hemi . if you dont bealive me just read about it or do what i did call hammer to clarify..and yes he agrees a stock titan will win over a stock hemi for these things i stated.
You have the right idea but your numbers are way off and TM has nothing to do with drivetrain loss.
it is a truck motor its a 5.6 v8
i guess the 5.7 hemi is a truck motor since it has .1 more right ????

and like i said the block is aluminum (lighter) unlike the cast of a ram (heaver)
and ist mostly aluminum threwout except the frame
The Endurance 5.6 is a good engine but I prefer an iron block in a truck. The endurance has really good low-end torque though so it is a good truck engine. It is OHC though so if heavy mods are in your future it'll be very expensive.
that is on a pro 4x no the titan is not heavier but look at the times ram...0-60 = 7.6 the titan = 7.5 that means titan faster.
ram weight 6800
titan weight 5480

in a nut shell titan lighter and faster...thanks bullet good find
and BYW this is a se king cab so its lighter not the full 4 door
I'm not being bias at all here...i'm actually a chevy guy if that tells you anything Equally equipped with equal drivers the titan would probably win by a nose...but it's so close it comes down to driver. Blow the launch and either one won't be able to catch the other.
well you tell hammer he is wrong!!!! these are the numbers we came up with during are conversation on the phone..granted they may varry from us to publacations on the net but i do reasearch my $hiit bro!
I will tell him he's wrong but I don't think he told you what you're telling us. I doubt he'd say a titan is 2,000lbs less than a ram...maybe compared to his personal truck but that doesn't count. If he did say 12% loss for the titan he's also very wrong.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:17 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Old 07-29-2009, 09:17 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

not driving one yet teach lol and you guys are real peer preasure som biotches you no that lol.
i feel if i get the nisan i wont be welcomed???
so i feel the need to buy the 2500??? i feel like this is a good home but allot of you are onesided to the ram ??? i was till i looked at other makes dont judge a book by its cover guys.
I like titans and that truck is badass man...you should get it. I'm just trying to help you understand what you're getting so that you're not disappointed.

Quick Reply: coments on this new truck!!!