3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Apparently you cant paint your transaxle.... VOID WARENTEE

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Basically you just "undercoated" it. They sell those undercoatings by the bulk load to purchasing customers and what, because they didn't apply it they want to void you for it?
I sprayed my entire axle with a rubberize undercoat. i did tape off all bolts, lines..etc so it is a prof. done job. If they denied me I'd go ape sh*t......lmao

Put it to them like that. Figure it being considered "undercoating"

Old 09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
2008Dodgeramblackedout
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks but ill tell you dealers SUCK! they want 5,000 a rear end

Old 09-13-2009, 04:53 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I support the dealership -- and not because of the paint issue. That part is a total crock; paint can't damage anything and it's not in their power to just "void" things on a whim.

That said, YOU blew the trans and rear end by using a programmer. YOU should pay for the repairs, not Chrysler -- and thereby the rest of us. We shouldn't have to subsidize your mods by paying more for our vehicles.

A warranty is not a Get Out of Jail Free card. It's there to repair any factory defects. Ya gotta pay to play, and this time it didn't work out in your favor. Be a man and pay for what you broke.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:57 PM
2008Dodgeramblackedout
Professional

listen.. i didnt blow the transmission dodge transmission suck to begin with and i beilve the dealership should pay for it.. i spent ****ing 46k on this POS and it blows a tranny unbeilveable

Old 09-13-2009, 05:18 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what were u doing? im having a hard time believing sc caused it...

Old 09-13-2009, 05:22 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by 2008Dodgeramblackedout
listen.. i didnt blow the transmission dodge transmission suck to begin with and i beilve the dealership should pay for it.. i spent ****ing 46k on this POS and it blows a tranny unbeilveable
if you think the trans sucks in the dodge why did you buy it ???? and your basicly screwed you just posted to the public you had a tuner ...no legs left .

Old 09-13-2009, 05:30 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Painting the outside of the axle housing has nothing to do with the internal failure thus falls under the law of aftermarket things being installed/applied to the truck can not void the warranty unless it can be proven that the installed item caused the failure.
I would doubt that paint caused an internal failure in the rearend.

And adding 20hp from a tuner should not cause a rearend to fail. The 09 still uses a 9.25 differential and has 45 more hp than the 08.

Besides that, a tuner would have nothing to do with the Park function failing.

Last edited by lxman1; 09-13-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:37 PM
2008Dodgeramblackedout
Professional

wasnt doing anything it started grinding when i was going down the highway and the i went to a resturant and came out and went to leave and i took a corner and seemed like one wheel was slipping and not hooking up inside the rear end and would pop and click... i love my truck but i told the dealer at 14k that the tranny didnt feel right

Old 09-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Ben D.
Champion

personally i'd find a new dealer because it should be covered under the warranty.

but I don't believe you if you say you didn't beat on it after putting the tuner on it. which i find dumb because you admitted to knowing that the dodge trans in these trucks isn't that great. so you then put a programmer on it.

i'm not trying to rag on you i'm just pointing out that you kinda missed out on logic.

Hey dirty did you undercoat the entire truck or what parts did you do? I've seen the spray can's of "rubberized undercoating" and i'm considering doing some stuff on the underside of the truck.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is such a joke that they would void your warranty bc you put some paint on the axle housing. This is the kind of stuff that gives dealers a bad name, trying anything possible to get out of the warranty they give us. If they don't want to repair the vehicles they sell, they should stop giving warranties.

Now on to the SC thing, I seriously doubt the tuner is the reason for the problems you are having.

Quick Reply: Apparently you cant paint your transaxle.... VOID WARENTEE