3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi engine swap! finally got it and starting swap, ill keep updating this as i go!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:11 PM
berndog67
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh and you can def count on pics and diagrams on all of the wiring, engine mounts, oil pan, trans, and everything, i have a photobucket album setup for this build, and there is a link in a previous reply for it, and ill try to get some pics in some posts soon, but i was having trouble with the forum showing them in the posts, so we will see, and for an update, i have the engine and trans out and getting ready to put the trans in and get the hemi ready to do the same, gotta grab a few parts that are now ready at the parts place i got my hemi and trans from!

Old 10-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

I found a better motor you could drop in that beast if your not already too deep into your build.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-Do...Q5fAccessories

Old 10-16-2009, 11:00 PM
berndog67
Rookie

yeah i would so grab a viper motor if i could, i def tried to, cuz who wouldnt want 450 to 500 horses under the hood, but it was a little outta my price range, i looked all over ebay, craigslist, newspaper, etc... for any wrecked vipers or motors and the cheapest i found was 6000 for the engine, trans, and harness, but it was still double what i was looking to spend total on my engine swap, so the hemi seemed like a good sacrifice, only lost 100 horses and 2 cylinders, but get to save like 3500 bucks! so my wallet and bank account can have a little breathing room, cuz so far i have spent 1395 on the engine, 500 on trans, 100 on pcm, and i just need to grab a couple accessories and rest of wiring and i should be all set!!

Old 10-16-2009, 11:27 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey bern, will that PM come in handy?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:29 PM
all of 75
Veteran

hope it works out. While it's out you might want to build it up (if your budget allows) with things like headers, cams, etc.

As many others have said, a bunch of people have said they'll do it but never do. good luck.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:23 PM
berndog67
Rookie

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
Hey bern, will that PM come in handy?

well actually i was checking them out and they really dont help, i need the actual wiring diagrams for the 2005 hemi engine connectors, and for the 02 dodge ram 1500 engine bay harness, i have looked everywhere i can and no luck yet, i have a hayes manual around here somewhere for my dodge ram engine bay harness i think, but can tfind the darn thing when i need it most! but i def at least need the wiring diagram that would show what each wire is on the two harness connectors for the 2005 5.7L hemi engine, but thanks for the try, least i have an awesome reference pdf for my truck for all the main parts i cant get at LMC and such!

Originally Posted by all of 75
hope it works out. While it's out you might want to build it up (if your budget allows) with things like headers, cams, etc.

As many others have said, a bunch of people have said they'll do it but never do. good luck.

well i am going to do a couple things while i can, but i need to get this running soon, cuz it is actually my daily driver, been stealing the family car!! lol, but i have already installed my E3 plugs, im keeping my full dual exhaust from summing racing, hopefully my headers come soon, course it will be royal purple again for all the synethics, im getting a cross fire elimination kit, using my dual ram/cool air intake, i would love to cam it and throw a nice 90mm ported throttle body, and put a procharger on it, but those last 3 will be later, prolly like spring time, cuz im gonna be a little broke for a bit cuz of this engine swap!

Oh and i am def doing this engine swap!! I have all the components out and putting the trans in after work tomorrow, and knotching the oil pan, will get some more pics up of the knotch before during and after, and ill take measurements for those of you who want to do this engine swap later!

Old 10-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by berndog67
well actually i was checking them out and they really dont help, i need the actual wiring diagrams for the 2005 hemi engine connectors, and for the 02 dodge ram 1500 engine bay harness, i have looked everywhere i can and no luck yet, i have a hayes manual around here somewhere for my dodge ram engine bay harness i think, but can tfind the darn thing when i need it most! but i def at least need the wiring diagram that would show what each wire is on the two harness connectors for the 2005 5.7L hemi engine, but thanks for the try, least i have an awesome reference pdf for my truck for all the main parts i cant get at LMC and such!
I have the full Dodge Service Manual for the 2004 Ram. Not sure if it the same as the 05 but if it is and you need some diagrams just let me know and I can see if they are in there.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:47 PM
berndog67
Rookie

oh yeah that would work, i just need the wiring diagram that can break down all the wires that are in the main wire harness in the engine bay of the dodge ram, and i also need the wiring diagram that breaks down all the wires of the two main plugs on the hemi engine from an 05 ram, thanks

Old 10-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM me your email and I will take a look at the manuals tomorrow and see what info they have.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:23 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

viperblueram did you change your name

and bern I guess emmisions is different from Kansas. They look at the Vin, see what motor it should be, look at the motor, whatever it says and if it matches and it weights near what it should then you pass.

Quick Reply: Hemi engine swap! finally got it and starting swap, ill keep updating this as i go!