3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

picked up my tires yesterday FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:59 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xill
here's a pic of the truck i fell in love with, this is pretty much what i'm modeling my ram after. only difference is he's got rockstars instead of monsters

i hope you use the bumper relocator brackets with your body lift... this guy obviously didnt unless he had to have the bumper lower for legal purposes

Old 10-18-2009, 09:35 PM
ried69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cheapbeater
i hope you use the bumper relocator brackets with your body lift... this guy obviously didnt unless he had to have the bumper lower for legal purposes
It looks like he only kept the rear bumper lower. The front bumper appears to be all the way up.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:06 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Not my cup of tea, but I'm not bashing. It's your truck and if it makes you happy, go for it!! That's what makes us all unique. If we all did the exact same mods, this would be a pretty boring world.
Enjoy the new look!! I am curious to see the final results.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:18 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by cheapbeater
ill be welding in a roll pan and trashing the rear bumper completely. with a bumper that far from the ground its pretty useless anyhow, so im trading it for a fold out step ladder thing that bolts to the inside of my tailgate for when i need to get up there

Old 10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by lxman1
That's what makes us all unique. If we all did the exact same mods, this would be a pretty boring world.
my sentiments exactly. if i tried to build my truck to please everyone else, id be the only one left unhappy with it

Old 10-18-2009, 10:31 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

ill be welding in a roll pan and trashing the rear bumper completely. with a bumper that far from the ground its pretty useless anyhow, so im trading it for a fold out step ladder thing that bolts to the inside of my tailgate for when i need to get up there
Please take pic's of this also --and any other mods you do to your truck.

johnny.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:33 PM
sharkhunter10
Captain

its gona be a sweet truck man!!!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:34 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by JohnnysArt
Please take pic's of this also --and any other mods you do to your truck.

johnny.
i definately will! im seriously considering putting together a blog site as well, kind of like a journal for my truck stuff. dunno if i have time for that but maybe. either way i'll keep everyone here updated on my new stuff and whether its innovative or a waste of time, long as you guys keep updating me with all of your mods. i love reading about this stuff

Old 10-18-2009, 10:50 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

i definately will! im seriously considering putting together a blog site as well, kind of like a journal for my truck stuff. dunno if i have time for that but maybe. either way i'll keep everyone here updated on my new stuff and whether its innovative or a waste of time, long as you guys keep updating me with all of your mods. i love reading about this stuff
The blog site would be a great idea. I am planing to lift my truck in the future so this will also give me an incentive. Except I'm sticking with my 20's since I really like them.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:09 PM
j27nypd
Rookie

Damn that things gonna look insaine!!!! im jealous

Quick Reply: picked up my tires yesterday FINALLY!