3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need some advice guys...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh, and once you get that thing lifted, you are gonna need some towing mirrors for that beast.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no not a rbp grill its a custom grill his friend made pretty nice tho....the only thing is you can see right thru it....still looks sick and as far as everyone being excited for you we are your taking a big step and it will be sick when your finished im sure......so you should also be excited.....so whats the status as of now on the "beast"

Old 11-02-2009, 08:31 PM
xill
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
xill, is that a RBP grill?
no i didnt like the rbp grille, for that amount of money i was expecting much better quality. it felt so cheap. so i had mine custom made all solid stainless steel. the frame is twice as thick as my rbp one was, the mesh is a little thicker and welded to the back of the frame, and the bolts are real stainless steel bolts that i had chrome plated. rbp uses these little plastic pop-in rivet things. the mesh is just as see-through as the rbp version, but i kinda like it that way. also on the rbp grille you'll notice it doesnt quite fit right, especially at the top and bottom of the center crosshair. mine fits tight and is contoured perfectly to the grill shell can you tell im pretty proud of these useless inserts? lol

Old 11-02-2009, 08:33 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
oh, and once you get that thing lifted, you are gonna need some towing mirrors for that beast.
yep yep. im really liking the 09 tow mirrors with the built in sidemarkers. not sure if they fit the 07s tho. if not i got my eye on a new 07 pair on ebay, just not sure if i need a different control panel or not since my current ones aren't heated, but they're power too.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:42 PM
xill
Captain

well i just got back from dropping it off at socal suspension. he's pushing for it to be done early wednesday cuz he's got something going on with the upcoming SEMA show wed night. but i gave him a call about half way home because i forgot to tell him the center cap screws were in the glove box. he told me he already had the rear done and that it looked amazing. i snapped a pic of the lift kit too, you cant tell from the photo (camera phone) but there's a ton of metal flake in the powder coat. it looks fantastic when the light hits it. i think the color came out nice and should be a good contrast with my metallic gray paint. after xmas i'm gonna have him disassemble alot more under the truck and give it all the same powdercoating to match. everything else that can't be powdercoated will be sprayed black

Old 11-02-2009, 10:19 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome man, I would not be able to sleep if I were you. I had enough trouble when they did my lift and gears in a few hours. I didn't want to leave lol.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:50 PM
xill
Captain

ive just been keeping myself so busy with work and cleaning up the garage and stuff im exhausted. if i didnt stay busy id drive myself nuts waiting for this to be done, and probably get on everyone's damn nerves calling to check in every 30 minutes lol. when i get it back on wednesday ill probably spend a few hours cleaning it all up again for some pics, then thursday morning its straight to the tranny shop for the gears. then ill have all weekend to put 500 easy miles on the truck to break the gears in so monday i can get them serviced with new fluids then i can call this phase complete and start on the next one

Old 11-04-2009, 02:09 PM
xill
Captain

just got these pics from my shop. the suspension lift is on and they're about to start the body lift, but here's a peak (NOW i'm getting excited too!)

Old 11-04-2009, 02:12 PM
cjs4444
All Star

F***ing sweet man....cant wait....hey are you getting gap covers for the rear?

Old 11-04-2009, 02:15 PM
xill
Captain

the gap guards for the body lift? definately!

Quick Reply: need some advice guys...