3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

So everyone was gonna get HID pics today instead you get wreck pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So everyone was gonna get HID pics today instead you get wreck pics

Yup sad to say it but the truck was in an accident today. Leaving school today I came up to a light and as I was just entering the intersection it turned yellow and as one car from the road intersecting the road i was on turned right on their red I slowed down to avoid getting right up on their *** as i was accelerating and then from behind that vehicle a ford escape blows into the intersection and just rams right into my passenger door. Truck isn't totalled but the damage is ugly. but luckily all superficial the door and fender took a lot of the damage. The frame does not appear to be damaged, one wheel is bent as well. truck runs, no leaks, no sounds, no squeaks, nada. Sitting at the best body shop in my area now waiting for the adjuster tomorrow.

****s of it is it's pretty much my fault according to police. Since I was in the intersection when it was yellow and some dude that was not even sitting at the light at the time of the accident but was pulling up to the light said that the light was green. which i believe him because if he saw the accident happen and looked up even a few secs later then yes it would have been green seeing as I had just entered the intersection as the yellow came on and after watching the light the yellow is on for about 2 secs that's it. so it blows but the girl driving had safe auto insurance so I'm kinda glad i can just go through mine I have nationwides best plan at the lowest deductible. gauranteed OEM parts and accident forgiveness. rather have that than fight with some half assed insurance company for the money to get the truck fixed right.

Here are some pics
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...o.jpg&newest=1

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...2.jpg&newest=1

Old 10-26-2009, 11:59 PM
bigdaddyII
Captain

Damn that isnt pretty. At least you are okay and damages will be covered. I dont have much faith in them accident forgiveness programs though. Good Luck.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Ben D.
Champion

nationwide has been pretty damn good to us in the time we've had them. very few claims and I have a clean driving record up until now.

and yea at first look the truck looks really bad. but mechanically it's totally fine I mean nothing got bent I mean i was checking out the tie rod assembly and rack and pinion and all that and even though the wheel is bent it seems that it gave and saved everything else. So really it's all superficial.

buying a 94 wrangler tomorrow to drive around I'm done driving this truck as a daily. All it takes is one mistake and i'm ****ed. I mean i'm pissed that girl just flew into the intersection without looking but I may have been able to stop before going into the intersection even though it was yellow but it's a tough call sometimes. I've never been this upset in a long time though

Old 10-27-2009, 12:12 AM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OUCH! glad youre ok, and hope you get it all straightened out... plus a little extra maybe? you are gunna need a new wheel... maybe you can squeeze 3 more out of the insurance company..??

Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Ben D.
Champion

haha funny thing about that. Um i had three out of four replaced at the dealer because the clear coat on the wheels started to peel and corrode.. one was not replaced.. take a wild guess which one it was lol. So yea I'm not too upset about that one and yes the pic doesn't exaclty show it well but the wheel is so f'ed it's not even funny

Old 10-27-2009, 01:02 AM
tuned93
Record Breaker

good thing your getting your truck fixed... dont even get me started on insurance companies. you pay out the nards for premium coverage, if you never get into a wreck... THEN WHAT? you deff aint gettin your money back. and what if you DO get in a wreck? they try every angle to get out of paying for anything. i think its the biggest rip off ever. that and credit cards. F*CK CORPO America! (i said "corpo" america, not just america) i love this country, just not alot of the greedy b*tches in it.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Ben D.
Champion

Just got off the phone with nationwide he's gonna go over the truck with dutch valley body shop and cut them a check so work can start on it tomorrow

Old 10-27-2009, 11:27 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben D.
and yea at first look the truck looks really bad. So really it's all superficial.
so if the front didn't get banged up then you can still show HID pics.....lol

Old 10-27-2009, 05:14 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm pretty sure that you had a SRT-10 hood before the wreck and it was stolen, right

Old 10-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Ben D.
Champion

The verdict is in on my baby. She will be getting repaired and not totalled. Damage was as suspected all superficial. The frame is totally fine and from what the body shop guy said the dodge trucks have the best frame of any half ton and he had a lotta faith after getting it in that the frame was legit. They are planning on ordering some parts for the suspension on that side, outer tie rod ends and such but everything appears to be ok. Everything is superficial and new sheet metal will be put on. Nationwide will try to possibly find used parts but even they said that's almost impossible since I basically need a new door and fender but either way nationwide warrantys any non new parts for life. I've seen work this body shop has done and while they are expensive. I know that they will fight to get me the right parts and not get cheap **** put on my baby. The nationwide adjuster made it out when he said he would and he wrote the shop a check for 8000$ so that work could begin immediately.

I'm really glad i'm getting it back at first i truly wasn't sure about this all but since the damage is all superficial it really doesn't matter. if the frame was bent and I needed an entirely new front end then yea i'd prolly want it totalled. either way I'm happy and I'll keep updates as we go body shop is thinking a few weeks of time and i'll have it back.

Quick Reply: So everyone was gonna get HID pics today instead you get wreck pics