3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wat it dew...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 AM
RamIt33
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am fairly new to this Fourm and all i gotta say is good job with your truck. Guys stop dissing on him he put all this work into his truck just like the rest of us. He just took it in another direction. So if you have negative comments, write them down, put them in a bottle and throw it in the ocean and hope someone cares to read them. So far on this Fourm i have not yet seening a truck i dislike, they are all trucks that we put are money into to make them the wasy (WE) want them to look. So stop hating on each other.. LOWERED TRUCKS, LIFTED TRUCK.... There all made by dodge, and they all are RAM's. Right.. If your going to Hate go on to other fourms such as Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Nissan. We choose are trucks for a reason...

Keep up the Work man

Old 01-17-2010, 10:50 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks hammer its about time somebody said something .... everyone started bashing big before he was a member so what its not your cup of tea so shut up and deal with it....if jacka$$es didnt start the bs with him he would have to defend his ride or his knowledge.... gawddam yall are acting like my 8 yr old with his friends mines bigger so its better....and ya know what i thought the same thing about the atm yesterday and said something to my fiance about it....bet them lifted boys cant even reach the atm to get there cash....hmmmm functional....huh.... and im not raised barley lowered only in the rear.....and she works at the bank and says they all walk in cause the trucks cant fit.....ppl are pathetic when it comes to this stuff just shows ignorance....and mmstar if youd a looked instead of flying off the deep end about your rig you would have seen the pics he's posted....just cause it lifted it doesnt make you better than the lowered guys....at all....its their style its their truck they have to drive it....damn you guys grow up....

Old 01-17-2010, 11:27 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

bag my truck please. when your high you can look down shirts when your low you look up skirts. dont worry they bash the lifted trucks too. thats to high i would never, sounds like my granny. you had better fit their profile of your out.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 AM
wyseguy77
Captain

Originally Posted by aftbig
Im down for that...but I'll meet you on the track if you meet me on the show grounds...person with the biggest trophy gets a head start. But prior to going to the track I think we should run a "Medley" so to speak...lets test these trucks out to see how "Manly" they are...shortly after the show we load up a bed full of firewood...(Make sure you bring your latter)...haul that across town...unload it...(Once again...the latter)...then hook up to 10,000 lbs...pull it across town...(Don't forget your 10 inch Drop hitch)...then after the medley is done...run a pass on the track...I'll prolly be done with my pass as you finally get all the firewood loaded into your totally functional skyscraper. What's the MPG on that $15,000 motor...sure it's alot turnin those 40's...I didn't build a drag truck...or a track truck...I built a truck to drive daily...snag trophies at every show it goes to...and to be 100% functional. Id say my "Worthless" "runined" truck is head over heals more functional than yours...I'm sure goind through drive-thrus is a dream in that monstrousity...Me in you are in the same boat man...we both have truck to the max...just different ends of the spectrum...mines just a lot more functional for everyday driving than yours.
Im really starting to like this guy! LOL!!!!!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:22 AM
mc35
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice work. dont let anyone bother you with what you call "bashing". to each his own, everyone has their own tastes. i think your truck is absolutely sick, and i personally could never fund such a build, therefore you are greater than i lol. and temple huh....my brother just moved there to take a trainmaster job.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:22 AM
ChaseRAM
Professional

I admire your work but god do I hate that truck. Never have and never will like lowered trucks.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I respect the work on the truck so don't take this the wrong way when I ask this... but how the hell do you expect to haul a load of firewood as large in your truck as his could haul? And also how do you expect to pull 10,000 lbs? a 6 axle trailer maybe so the weight isn't all on your dropped to the ground truck? I mean even with those bags full, there is absolutely no way you could have a tongue weight of more than a 1000 lbs on your truck...

This is why I like a truck that is moderately lifted or moderately lowered. I think the most functional truck on the road is a truck with very delicate touches to it, I am not bashing any of the super lifted trucks(which I do like) or the super lowered trucks(that are not my cup-o-tea you could say) just that a truck that is most functional is a truck that has very minor modifications. I mean I don't see trophy trucks driving down the road because that functionality isn't there, and I don't see any super low-riders hauling double axle horse trailers with 3 horses in the back as well.

Just my .02 all. Don't think I am a hater, or a jacka$$, or whatever possible terms you can come up with.

shortly after the show we load up a bed full of firewood...(Make sure you bring your latter)...haul that across town...unload it...(Once again...the latter)...then hook up to 10,000 lbs...pull it across town...

Old 01-18-2010, 06:49 AM
aftbig
Rookie

Originally Posted by ChaseRAM
I admire your work but god do I hate that truck. Never have and never will like lowered trucks.
Were all aware of why you hate my truck...you hate everything...your a city boy who drives a 4x4 everyday. How miserable your life must be...did you have to leave the hose running in the backyard to get that muddy pic in your avatar...seriously dude...do everyone a favor and move out to the country so your truck can be used for what it was made for...maybe you'll be in a better mood then.

Cherry...are you seriously that uneducated...all newer 18 wheelers use air bags to handle the weight that they carry...airbags will help carry heavy weight...hence the terms "Helper bags"...even most trailers have air bags now...they carry tons of weight. Hell even tractor tires are an example...majority of rear tractor tires have 13 psi in them...the tires on our trucks carry the weight of our trucks at 32 psi...my bags are rated to 200 psi...they are capable of lifting 2800lbs each...I have 4...2 rear and 2 front...even if you add in the weight of the truck I still have 3,100lbs of excess lifting power in the rear of my truck. Something tells me your a slow learner so i'll give you some visual examples...The black/Orange Kodiak hauls that 3 car wedge all over the country to car shows...including a annual trip from Texas to Vegas for Sema every year. The white dodge is used to carry heavy machinery back in forth from jobsites...not to mention the vehicles he carries to truck shows...the Flamed red chevy can be seen at truck shows all over the country pulling that exact rig...The all Red Chevy pulled that enclosed trailer from Houma, LA to Vegas for Sema...
Name:  1547793900_l.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  20.9 KB
Name:  l_054e81b05b2a4fcdbbc3175eec8e267e.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  41.0 KB
Name:  l_38a78070bb3741ebbb4f89e21fc6b719.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  33.7 KB
Name:  l_aac342492433ec5a82e1f07039a18ac8.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  39.4 KB
Name:  l_dbb4d7f5e2414514b452ed5caa80a766.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  31.5 KB
Name:  721200374554PM3881.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  56.3 KB
Name:  19200473059PM41801.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  39.8 KB
Name:  sridenk7.png
Views: 109
Size:  364.8 KB
Name:  4g673o0-1.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  100.5 KB

Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 AM
aftbig
Rookie

Another example of the lifting power of air...
Name:  2-ship-launch.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  43.1 KB
Name:  cbe9caa5_5c0412b1_15bf_4014_9033_ab.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  53.6 KB

My truck doing a lil towing...
That's 270 pickets, 14-4x4's, 14-2x6's, 42-2x4's, and 25-80lbs of concrete...

Seriously guys I can post pictures of bagged trucks doin work all day long...this is dumb...if you don't like it fine...but it's no less of a truck then the one you got sittin in your driveway...only difference is I can go to shows and win trophies.

PS...fun lil video of the worthless Kodiak...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-as_cMo1WZA

Just get over it guys and move on...I win again. wink wink

Old 01-18-2010, 07:10 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Just get over it guys and move on...I win again. wink wink

Enlighten me aftbig, just what do you think you are winning here? The "I can be a more arrogant jerk than you contest"?

Lose the holier than thou attitude or find yourself another place to post your pics.

Your work is very nice and your knowledge would be a plus to be shared with the few on here into lowered trucks. But your attitude sucks!!!

and to the rest of y'all, keep the "I hate lowered trucks" crap to yourselves as well! The "I really appreciate your effort but I hate your truck" sh*t don't fly either. If you don't like it, don't post in the thread...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 01-18-2010 at 07:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Wat it dew...