3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wat it dew...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 AM
aftbig
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im just returning fire at the ones that were shooting Hammer...sorry if I broke the rules...Ive throroughly made every point that ive set out to make...therefore i'll move on. Thanks.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:38 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd hate to see you leave, aftbig, I think you'd be a big asset to those looking to do similar things to their trucks and this ain't entirely on you. It's obvious you've developed a thin skin when criticized long before the couple of mental midgets here said anything.

It's just the "I can be a bigger jerk than you" contest is gonna just lead to trouble I am not going to deal with, from anybody here...

Old 01-18-2010, 07:41 AM
matthewbeard
Veteran

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I'd hate to see you leave, aftbig, I think you'd be a big asset to those looking to do similar things to their trucks and this ain't entirely on you. It's obvious you've developed a thin skin when criticized long before the couple of mental midgets here said anything.

It's just the "I can be a bigger jerk than you" contest is gonna just lead to trouble I am not going to deal with, from anybody here...

GOD has spoken!!!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:51 AM
aftbig
Rookie

I'm not leaving buddy...just gonna look past the trash talker and clueless ones...I still got plenty of airbag material to show the "haters".

Old 01-18-2010, 12:25 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

good let see some more pics.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

I didnt know Paul Wall was into bagged Rams?

Hell, you even resemble the "peoples champ" a little, if thats you in that pic a couple pages back..

Keep it going man. Hammer is right on, the "haters" need to back off a little, post their dislikes somewhere else. On the other hand, you are real quick to defend yourself, but you do so successfully (I'm quick to jump on the defensive too partner, not getting on ya). Def don't go anywhere, you really seem to know your ****, and maybe you can help out with other problems/questions/situations we might have, Im sure you know a lil more than running a cutting torch and welder

Edit: like someone else also said, the "big" guys get **** too 'round here, just ask Cajun Ram and Xii, they have HUGE BADA$$ trucks, but get hated on too. Damn Cannabilism!!

Last edited by 4.7Ram5.7Rango; 01-18-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:07 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow. just wow. i looked through this thread a few days ago and decided to keep my opinions to myself. it has been at the top of the list of threads for a few days so i knew things were getting interesting over here and i knew it would be lifted guys vs lowered guys... looks like i was right.

hammer couldnt have said it better... if you got nothin nice to say, dont say it at all even if you are trying to defend someone else...

aftbig- i hope you stick around because i want to see that cummins setup

now.... lets all have a great big cyber-hug...

Old 01-18-2010, 01:37 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by aftbig
Cherry...are you seriously that uneducated...all newer 18 wheelers use air bags to handle the weight that they carry...airbags will help carry heavy weight...hence the terms "Helper bags"...even most trailers have air bags now...they carry tons of weight. Hell even tractor tires are an example...majority of rear tractor tires have 13 psi in them...the tires on our trucks carry the weight of our trucks at 32 psi...my bags are rated to 200 psi...they are capable of lifting 2800lbs each...I have 4...2 rear and 2 front...even if you add in the weight of the truck I still have 3,100lbs of excess lifting power in the rear of my truck. Something tells me your a slow learner so i'll give you some visual examples...The black/Orange Kodiak hauls that 3 car wedge all over the country to car shows...including a annual trip from Texas to Vegas for Sema every year. The white dodge is used to carry heavy machinery back in forth from jobsites...not to mention the vehicles he carries to truck shows...the Flamed red chevy can be seen at truck shows all over the country pulling that exact rig...The all Red Chevy pulled that enclosed trailer from Houma, LA to Vegas for Sema...
One, I actually know alot about airbags on semi trucks(I wash semi-trucks for a living) I never got into bagging on pickup trucks, never was my thing, and the bags on pickup trucks are not nearly as high of weight load as a semi-truck, and as well, if you look at a semi trucks suspension, they still have high weight leaf-springs on them. Super heavy duty leaf springs, they can even hold their loads without the airbags, the bags are to help with the load, hence the "helper" part.

Also, why call me a slow learner, when YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME. Jacka$$. Actually I'm on my way to graduating college from U of O business school with an accounting degree, with no debt, how many people can say that. While able to pay for my own truck, a place to live, and many other various things. and I'm not taking any help from my parents who are supporting my sister at the moment because she just had a baby. So before you call someone a slow learner, learn something about them yourself. I didn't resort to petty remarks, and coy comments on this site to try to act tough, so I would not exactly say that you are on the winning side of that hand. I'm a well educated, hard working young man who is trying to get somewhere in life, so its a little insulting to hear stupid remarks like that made just because I was asking a damn question. So get your head out of your a$$ and grow the f up.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:45 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

And just for the people who are all attacking all the "haters" its a two sided thread, people on both sides are making stupid comments that they have no basis on, lets just say stuff about the truck, stop trying to bring everyones lives into it, because I hate having stupid remarks made about me because I made a comment about thinking that he would lose the ability to hold weight with his truck like that, even if I'm wrong, it was a comment I made, not something that proves whether or not I am ignorant, or stupid, or slow, so learn how to keep your mouths shut about stuff that has nothing to do with the topic. I don't like the truck, I feel like my truck suits my purposes better and looks better in my opinion, I like to go out to the mountains occasionally and out on the back trails, so why would I get a lowered truck? I also haul heavy loads, a pressure washer with a water tank behind my truck, my truck still suits my needs. I also don't like to have to step down into my pickup, I'm 6'2" a leveled dodge on 35"s is very comfortable for me to get into, I barely have to step up to get in. So when this guy comes in saying his truck is more "functionable" than everyone elses because its lowered and on bags, he needs to learn what others ideas of functionable are.

I did say that I respect the work that he has done and he turned right around and insulted me out of nothing. So no, I really could care less if he stays on this site now after that, because I did nothing out of disrespect to him, and he disrespected me right off the mark.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:53 PM
08_1500
Amateur

Big the truck looks great I love the fact thats a 12 valve cummins and would like to see and get info on that!! the fack that the truck looks great and you still use it as a every day driver, work truck and show truck is just shows how versital it really is.... I think it looks great and keep up the work on it and posting pics of it buddy !!!

Quick Reply: Wat it dew...