3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sooo, GM just plain sucks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005 | 11:20 PM
Randy_W
Professional
Default RE: Sooo, GM just plain sucks?

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

Blee85. You just haven't been around long enough to see any of my posts.

GM Sucks. I'd rather walk than even ride in one of those POS. They are popular, but it looks like maybe people are becoming more aware of how bad they really are. Gm is doing well finacially. I F'ing love it.

Sorry if this offends.

Sorry about the typos.

Of course anyone with any rational thinking knows if a corporation the size of GM fails, the fallout will hurt all over the world, even in Dodge Country! It hasn't been that long since Uncle Sam bailed out Chrysler, how soon we forget, at least when it's convenient to do so! AS for GM products, they're as good as anybody's. Personal preference doesn't make a product better.

Old 05-08-2005 | 11:38 PM
moparturd
Banned

I'm sure the gov't will offer to buy them out as well. Actually it's been in the neighborhood of what, 20 years, since Chrysler got the loan from the Fed. They did repay the debt. as well from what I recall. Ahead of time.

Personal preference doesn't make a product better.
You're right.

My point was that reliablity and quality strengthen personal preference though.

Bottomline is that there's good and bad everything. I've seen enough of the bad not drive it.

Old 05-09-2005 | 12:20 AM
ross944
Veteran

to each his own, ive had nothing but good experience and reliability with GM products.

Old 05-09-2005 | 12:24 AM
moparturd
Banned

I'm happy for you.

Old 05-09-2005 | 01:32 AM
DonG
Veteran

I always had good luck with GM until about 70,000 miles then they seemed they turned to crap. The last couple of Fords I owned were continuous nightmares. I'm on my second dodge truck. The first, an 01 4.7 Dakota still ran like new with I got rid of it after nearly 170,000 miles. My dad just traided an 03 Colorado with less than 25,000 miles because it spend more time at the dealer than it did on the road.

Old 05-09-2005 | 01:40 AM
ross944
Veteran

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

I'm happy for you.
aww thanks buddy

Yeah my dad will never buy a ford vehicle again. One mistake is enough....two actually now that I think about it, the mustang and something else.

Old 05-09-2005 | 02:30 AM
hoobasta4
Rookie

yeah, we all have our differences between Dodge and GM.. but EVERYONE seems to hate Ford.. haha and thats a good thing! I hate Ford as well. And yeah, it just really sucks that what we see/drive/hear about the companies are our first and last impressions about the truck and/or company that makes it. And we seem to only hear about the nightmares and problems. Its just like watching the news. 9 out of 10 stores are about bad things, and the 1 story isn't even that good of news, sound about right? If you haven't ever noticed.. try it, watch the news one night lol

Some of us have had GREAT experiences with GM and some have had nothing but HORRIBLE, but the same goes for Dodge.

The thing about the colorado having continious problems is bull****, and I guess the ONLY excuse is that it is a new truck so they don't know what kind of bugs are in it yet, or some of you may think its because its just GM. Hell, my grandpa will ONLY drive GMC. Even since things have happend to change the way the Fords and Dodges are, he still will never go back.

MoparTodd, I'm sorry that you and your father have had bad run-ins with all the GMs, and if that happened to me I wouldn't trust it either. Just because my Dakota is a POS doesn't mean that I won't trust a new Dak or Ram.

Right now a lot of trucks are on sale or have rebates up to 10,000 off.

I looked at a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4, 5.3 V8, tow package, just loaded. MSRP was 34,000 and after rebates its at 25,000. Now some of you may think that its because they are pieces of **** and that they are still making a **** load of money from it, and that it shouldn't be priced at 34,000. But let me tell you that the Ram I'm looking at lists at 32,000 and its on sale for 24,900. Its just that time of year I guess. But if I'm gonna buy, it will have to be before the end of the month. Once the month is up, the rebates and stuff are over.

Now for a serious question. Can ALL of you guys help me out on purchasing a new truck? Please don't be biased towards a certain company, but at the same time be honest with all your insight. Here are the lucky candidates:

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab, Reg Box, 4.8, 4x4, 17" Alloys, tow package, cruise, tilt, power everything, cd player, a/c $25,000

2005 Dodge Ram Reg. Cab, Short Box, 5.7 Hemi 4x4, 17" Alloys, tow package, cruise, tilt, power windows, seat, cd player, a/c $25,000

2005 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Ext. Cab, Reg Box, 5.3 Vortec, 4x4, 17" alloys, tow package, cruise, tilt, power everything, cd player, a/c, onStar (maybe) $25,000

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Quad Cab, Reg Box, 3.5 (5 cyl.), 4x4, 16" alloys, tow package, cruise, tilt, power everything, cd player, a/c, onStar (maybe) $24,000

Hooby

P.S. Votes would be appreciated along with an explaination as to why I should pick that truck!

Old 05-09-2005 | 03:30 AM
RamObsessed

Personally, I think trucks lifted that high look stupid, are not practical and just a way to waste money and say "look at meeeeee!"

Ive never had a GM in my family....just Dodge, Chryslers, a few old fords and now some imports, but I do have several friends with GM's. They've had them in the shops for rediculous repairs. So bad I would never consider buying one.

I live in upstate NY...Albany actually...and Ive done great with my Dodge, 4x4 and just some nice aggressive deep tread tires. I do some serious driving up and down between Albany and Greene countys in some really nasty storms and never had a problem.
Where abouts upstate are you??

Old 05-09-2005 | 03:50 AM
IrishRagE

2 words:

Piston Slap.

I had an 04 GTO with slap and because of the way GM has handled their PS problem, I will never trust their company or vehicles again. Ford had a PS problem years back. What did they do? REPLACED the engines. GM: "It isn't a problem." I spend 34,000 on a car and it sounds like a diesel n the morning.....F$%# off GM.

Old 05-09-2005 | 04:19 AM
hoobasta4
Rookie

Irish~
yeah.. I'm not that big of a fan for the new GTO.. still love the old one. What do you have now.. a Ram apparently right? Have you ever had any other GM products or just the GTO? and see, like I said above. One incident or one thing can change your impression about the entire company or their other products. Why'd you even buy the GTO then????

RamObessed~
I don't live in NY. I live in Wisconsin. I was referring to NY in terms that my dad traveled up to Canada over by NY several times. So don't worry, we get our good amount of snow and ****ty weather like you guys over in NY, hell, we might get a little more snow even, but as of the past 4 years, we haven't gotten any really! What kind of GM vehicles did you friends have and what problems did they have? How old were the vehicles, how hard were they driven, all details!

So, besides being biased, which truck do you think I should go for?

Another thing to note when selecting a truck, I own a graphic design business called Eternal GraphX. And from time to time I carry around signs and stuff in the back along with my equipment. So I don't need anything real big. Also, I take my bro to hockey games/practices, and sometimes his teammates need a ride, so it would be hard having a reg cab, but then again, I could just tell them that I can't take them!

Hooby

Quick Reply: Sooo, GM just plain sucks?