3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 07:45 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

i actually thought that this thread was deleted....mostly because it seems that alot of the titan trash has wandered into other sections, such as street n strip.

Old 06-26-2005, 07:58 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should have been. I'm already tired of hearing horatio102's explaination of world economics.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:38 AM
horatio102
Champion

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

Should have been. I'm already tired of hearing horatio102's explaination of world economics.

You're tired of hearing how the world really works? You'd rather hear lies about dollars spent on Chrysler products staying here in the states? Sorry man, no more money stays here when buying a Dodge than it does buying a Nissan or Toyota. When people are stating bald faced lies as fact I feel compelled to attempt to enlighten.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:34 AM
moparturd
Banned

Snores. [sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 06-27-2005, 11:44 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, regardless of that horatio, the fact of the matter si that we have quite a few people here who make their living due to the sale of DCX products.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:22 AM
horatio102
Champion

True, but do the American workers here in the states who work for Nissan and Toyota building their vehicles not put dinner on their families tables also from people buying Nissan and Toyota (and Subaru, and the rest of them) vehicles? The arguement is moot, buy a Titan/Tundra and dinner goes on a table here and the profits go to Japan/France, buy a Daimler product and dinner goes on a table here and the profits go to Germany. There's no difference.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:27 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Horatio has a good point...

-Matt-

Old 06-28-2005, 04:19 AM
HEMI_OFF_ROAD
Professional

I will agree with Horatio to a certain degree for the first time in my life. While I find most of his thoughts here on this Titan post to be ignorant, this is the first time I must agree to a certain degree. There is no denying that the true american car is dead. However, while foreign automakers do alot of assembly here in the USA, very few parts are. American car builders, especially Chrysler, still use a very large amount of American made parts. More American made parts means more American jobs. The last time that I looked the most American made vehicle was a Jeep Liberty ranking in around 95 percent American. Please find me a foreign car that does this. It is more a individual vehicle vs individual vehicle comparison. For example while I just made the comment about Chrysler holding the no1 spot for most american made vehicle, the crossfire is made in Germany if I remember. I do find one thing very funny about Horatio, he defends trucks like the Titan and Toyota but after reading another post, he bought a dodge dakota with the 5.9. To knock the ram with a hemi but buy a truck with the motor the hemi replaced, when it incresed hp, torque, lower ci, and improve fuel economy. I know that the dakota is a smaller truck and doesnt offer the hemi but cmon Horatio.

Old 06-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Randy_W
Professional

Would someone PLEASE shoot this thread, and put it out of 'our' misery??!![:'(]

Old 06-28-2005, 11:11 AM
moparturd
Banned

Agreed.