3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 PM
sandiegohemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

Titans are "put together" in America . . . not manufactured in America. If they were, they wouldn't smell like rice. Secondly, when you buy a Titan or Tundra where do you think the money goes? Do you think it goes into the pockets of the guys who put it together in the plant? Nope. It goes back to Japan.

As I've said before, a half ton quad cab, or crew cab, or whatever isn't designed to be "fast" its designed to tow, haul, etc. If you want fast, you get a Ram SRT10, or Ford Lightning, or Joe Gibbs Silverado. OR, you get a Cummins Diesel, slap a Banks Six Gun Diesel Tuner on it, and smoke any half ton truck on earth. But again, its not about speed, its about versatility.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:17 AM
homerun

Versatility is right.

My truck is very versatile-I haul with it, haven't towed, but don't need to. It carries all of my family and even more. Not too mention-it has more interior space than the Ram 1500 QC. Also, I have a DVD player for the family. That's versatile. What does your Dodge have....*crickets chriping*

And I belive it was you that said you run over Titans on the highway. Well, last time I checked 5.9' Magnum's were slower than molases, so which angle are you taking. Speed or versatile...

My truck doesn't smell like rice. It's just a typical answer from a blind consumer. It says Dodge, so it's gotta be the best-not hardly...

BTW..Cummins Deisel are slow. Again, learn something besides it says Dodge....

Old 05-31-2005, 12:22 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all that DVD/Nav nonsense is available from dodge. but dodge doesnt have to put TVs in trucks to sell them.

homerun, where are you getting that the 5.9 magnums are slower than molases? check dragtimes, the LWB older rams with 5.9s with very minor work are in the low 15s...ive only seen one titan run on the strip, and it ran like a 15.30 or so?

there are a few fast ones here, but none of them supply slips...the ones toward the bottom are stock...what causes me to be so skeptical is the wide variety in times..so i discard the best and worst times, figuring that the best NA titan driver is lying, and the worst time didnt know what he or she was doing.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan--Titan-Drag-Racing.html

Old 05-31-2005, 12:35 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

Anyways, do you know what a Banks Six Gun Tuner does to a diesel? Take a stock Cummins, 325 hp and 610 lbs torque. It adds 100 HP and 178 lbs/torque. Sorry to break this to you, but it blows your power to weight ratio right off your Titan (any half ton for that matter).

Again, did your Titan come with a rice bowl and chopsticks? Or do you have to order those from Nismo?

By the way, I don't have a 360 Magnum, I have a Hemi. And no, I don't race, mine is 4x4. I would be like everyone else on here and tell you to go to a Titan enthusiast website, but I don't think there are enough owners out there to start one.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:37 AM
homerun

I drove a 5.9 Dodge Magnum (2002 QC)-I know they're slow. No mods-they're slow, and horrible gas mileage. I couldn't beat a Neon with it, bone stock Neon.

As for the Titan-they're some around running low 14's. What they have, I'm not sure. I did hear of a guy (in Texas I think?) running mid 13's. Not sure what he's got either. Also, look at the dynos of the Titans. Stock dyno testing, Titan's are pushing 265-275hp and 325 lbs. of torque. They're listed with 305 hp and 379 lbs of torque. There's usually 20- 25% loss in drivetrain. But the Titan is right there with the Ram HEMI.

All I'm saying is the Titan is not a crappy rice burner like Dodge hopes it is. There's not a lot of gimmicks with it like there is with Dodge-that gotta a HEMI. I like the Dodge looks alot, but after some issues with my truck and a bad dealer, I'm done with them. Not that there aren't problems with the Titan or Nissan dealers, but I've gotten much better results.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:40 AM
homerun

sandi...We're talking stock trucks. And I've driven the Cummins Deisel. Add a 50hp shot to the Titan and it will run circles around the Cummins.

As for the titan sites, I don't have time for them, only you....

Old 05-31-2005, 12:42 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

If we are talking stock trucks, any diesel will run circles around your Titan. I don't know where you live, but in California, all I've seen are chicks and cupcakes driving Titans. I'm curious which one you are : )

Old 05-31-2005, 12:52 AM
guido7
Veteran

Homerun, lighten up lad....life isnt that hard, you like your Titan, thats good.... so hang out with Titan people....I saw one at the track this past thursday, asked him to run, saw what he did and he saw what I did, but he declined.... soo, I just walked away....
You had bad experiences with dodge, well I had bad experiences with lots of dealers, but, as I said before, thats life.... just make yourself happy and go to a Nissan site, and have a cup of tea...

One final thing, did you expect us to just sit and listen to you bad mouth our trucks without a response??? if you did, you have to be really stupid, IMO.... I have been driving for 45 years, everything imaginable...and I LIKE my toy....so dont bash me in my house and I will not bash you in yours.... [:@] take a deep breath, exhale, and have a nice day........

GUIDO

"may God bless my fellow soldiers, that I lost in Nam.....vietnam vet forever...."
Happy Memorial Day to all my fellow veterans out there....[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-31-2005, 12:54 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

but youre assuming that everyone that owns a dodge hates the titan. if for some reason dodge stopped makign trucks, the titan would be next on my list. but youre going on about this QC nonsense....first off, if you own a QC, its not a sport truck...its a quad cab. stock titans run 15.3 per Motor Trend. thats also what i have seen them run, bone stock.

and no offense, but youre bragging because you can out run a diesel truck? would you like to go for a pull off against a diesel?

Old 05-31-2005, 01:21 AM
homerun

I don't assume that everyone hates Titans b/c they own Dodge. That's like saying everyone who drives Titan's hates Dodges. Not true. I like(d) Dodge's at one time too, and looks wise, they're tops in my book. I just chose a different brand this time-something new. And I wasn't trying to brag that my trusk is faster than anything-my attempt was to educate and have dialogue. This is fun, not life, so I don't take it too serious. And as for bragging that I can beat a deisel, I only responded to someone else's comment. BTW, deisels these days-wow, I've seen them run 12's and one truck 11's in the 1/4, so there nothing to sneeze at!

And Guido, I'd run ya'-no problem. Who would win, who knows...But I'm with you on saluting the soldiers (and sailors) of this fine country.

BTW, I'm really enjoying the resurgence in 'muslce car remakes' Dodge has done a good job (and Ford too with the nw Mustang) bringing back some old cars.

But this site belongs to you all, I'm just here as a guest, so enjoy picking on the Titan. But be careful what you wish for, b/c you may realzie that truck you thought you could beat, you can't!

Quick Reply: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN