3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Randy_W
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN

ORIGINAL: horatio102

speaking of american muscle, did you know a higher percentage of Titans and Tundras are made in the USA than Rams?

I'm beginning to think it's the Ram guys who are insecure, having to constantly slam the competition. Let the facts speak for themselves. Yeah, Big 3 trucks are rated to tow heavier loads. Yeah, they've got more power. So what? Toyota will need a larger engine if it wants to stay in the game, but compare their 4.7 with Dodge's.

Toyota
282 hp and 325 ft-lbs, 16-18mpg, standard towing on a 4x4 is 7100 lbs

Dodge
235hp and 300 ft-lbs, 13-17mpg, standard towing on a 4x4 ST is 3950

Which one looks better now?

Well Toyota Boy, the Chevy 4.8 has 285 h.p. now, so which one is more powerful now?

Old 05-20-2005, 11:46 AM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check dragtimes.com. Easy to search and I've even posted my times there before too. You can set it up to alert you through email when a new times is posted so you aren't checking all the time.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:52 AM
guido7
Veteran

Horatio, I find something interesting about you and your posts.......You seem to like our Forum, and yet you like to defend the foreign toys more.....TODD is right, why do you stay here if you desire the Toyota's and Titans.... just make it simple for yourself and go buy a Titan and join their Forum....

Hell if I had such a passion to defend, and owned a Titan, I would not be here.... I think you just like to dispute anything IMO...

Ya seem like a nice guy, but bring on the Titan, my truck is waiting for some spanking.......if it can..
Have a nice day, and smile Horatio....life isnt that difficult........

GUIDO

Old 05-20-2005, 12:18 PM
guido7
Veteran

Viper, the site, www.dragtimes.com , is too cool....gives some interesting info, and something to shoot for.... thanks....GUIDO

Old 05-20-2005, 12:26 PM
WingViper
All Star

I have my profile on there set up to email me whenever a new Ram or Titan time is posted, haha. Definitely something to shoot for. Someone else on DF posted it in another thread, I'm surprised more people hadn't jumped all over it.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:28 PM
|3|ackAc|D
Record Breaker

hey horatio102

guess what im comfertable in my hemi... so **** the world!

Old 05-20-2005, 02:36 PM
horatio102
Champion

It's not that I don't like Rams, I just don't like the rah rah hemi=god all else is a pile of **** circle jerk mentality. Yeah, the hemi's got more power, and the Ram can tow more, but that doesn't make the others an inferior vehicle. The Toyota is designed for a slightly different buyer - mainly the Johnny Suburbs out there who want Toyota reliability while being able to still haul a load of bark or tow a reasonable sized boat. The american half-tons are targeted at a slightly different buyer. You buy what suits your needs.

And Good for Chevy, but I hardly see how that makes the Ram look better.

Hey, I like my Ram most of the time, but I'm man enough to concede that there are higher quality products out there. I bought mine because I liked it better and it suited my needs. I wouldn't have hooked up the race car and loaded the bed with tools for a drive from the NW corner of WA down to LA or Colorado if I had bought a Toyota.

Old 05-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional

That's a pretty reasonable post, horatio, but I gotta ask ya something.

You say that you like your RAM most of the time (whatever!), but why don't you have it listed in your sig? Are you ashamed of it or something?

I love my HEMI all the time!

Old 05-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Hemi Justin

My best time has been a 14.8 at 90mph manual shifting my 5 speed automatic. 05 QC all wheel drive.Hemi Ram

Old 05-20-2005, 04:24 PM
guido7
Veteran

good time Justin... will try and do the same, what was your shifting points on the tach ?????

Quick Reply: DODGE RAM VS NISSAN TITAN