3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How Do I Disable Seat Belt Warning Indicator Lamp?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 08:32 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Keep it education, helpful and civil or I will close the thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:04 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

If you cannot post an answer to the OP's issue or question, then do not post.

We are not here to give government stats or personal beliefs. This is a technical forum and should be conducted as such. If you have a something off topic then please take it to the DF Lounge

Old 10-29-2010, 09:24 AM
bigmac18
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-Copied from another thread:
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition swith being turned to the ON or Start position. DaimlerChrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition swith to the OFF position and buckle the driver's seat belt.

2. Start the engine and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Professional

/\That's how I did my Prius on the driver's side, but never did on the passenger side. I felt like I was putting a cheat into a video game, lol.

I haven't worried about it in the RAM, because it didn't bother me as much as the Prius did.

Now my dog rode all the way back and forth to MN with me and loved the passenger seat, but her weight set the limiter off to say that she needed to wear the seat belt. I rode a while once and it turned off finally... the other time I just buckled the thing.

Jumper wire would probably be best, just be sure to seal all connections as you don't want any spark or heat to build up under your seat.

Might want to disable the air bags, too and put nets on the windows -- that'd be a nice look.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Kebo
Professional

Originally Posted by bigmac18
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition swith being turned to the ON or Start position. DaimlerChrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition swith to the OFF position and buckle the driver's seat belt.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

That is how I did mine. Worked like a champ.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:27 PM
JonnyBlaze420
Professional

Originally Posted by bigmac18

Very nice!! Cant wait to try this. Wish my truck would was done at the body shop. ERRR>

Old 10-29-2010, 03:28 PM
JonnyBlaze420
Professional

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Keep it education, helpful and civil or I will close the thread
Originally Posted by weedahoe
If you cannot post an answer to the OP's issue or question, then do not post.

We are not here to give government stats or personal beliefs. This is a technical forum and should be conducted as such. If you have a something off topic then please take it to the DF Lounge
What did I miss??????????

Old 10-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Professional

Originally Posted by JonnyBlaze420
Oh my God. Are you serious??? First off, I was a passenger in a car that hit a stopped car waiting to make a turn at 63 miles per hour WITHOUT A SEAT BELT!!! SO DONT ****ING PREACH TO ME ABOUT WEARING ONE!!!! EVEN THE EMTS SAID ID BE WORSE OFF IF I HAD OF BEEN WEARING ONE! So on that note, keep your opinions to yourself as I didnt ask for one.

And I also stated that I wasnt going to going to cut out a buckle from a junk yard and plug it in.
??????

Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 PM
NHHEMI
Professional

All that procedure will do is turn off the chime. It does not turn off the dash icon light.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:14 PM
JonnyBlaze420
Professional

Originally Posted by 9511234
??????
??????

Quick Reply: How Do I Disable Seat Belt Warning Indicator Lamp?