3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How Do I Disable Seat Belt Warning Indicator Lamp?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 PM
JonnyBlaze420
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How Do I Disable Seat Belt Warning Indicator Lamp?

We dont have to wear seat belts in here im New Hampshire if your over 18 and the dang red seat belt indicator right in the middle of the instrument cluster is bright as hell and pisses me off.

Is there a way to disable it? I dont want to plug the seat belt in and have it behind me or cut off a seat belt buckle from one at a junk yard or any of that crap. Lol.

And I hope I dont have to take out the dang bulb. Theres got to be a way.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:16 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

There is no way to get rid of that little red dude. You can only disable the chime.
If your cluster uses replaceable bulbs, you can take out the bulb from the backside.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 PM
JonnyBlaze420
Professional

Damn.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 PM
freestyledude
Captain

How can the chime be disabled?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Bent
Veteran

Jumper the trigger wires in the seat-belt latch, that should fool the system into thinking the seat-belt is latched.
(I don't condone not using seat belts - but even more so, I don't condone Big Brother telling me what I should and shouldn't do.)

Old 10-27-2010, 09:40 PM
okaymatt
Professional

My Bully Dog chip allows me to disable the chime.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Geezir
Veteran

How in this day and age can wearing a seatbelt not be mandatory everywhere?

Want to get rid of the light? Then do yourself a favor and put the damn belt on. It's there for a reason.

Or goto a scrap yard and grab an old seat belt clip and stick it in if you still decide you don't need a seat belt.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Bent
Veteran

Geezir, that was the tone I wanted to take - and I won't get into the infringement of rights of the others in his cab by him chosing to not wear one, but I do agree that it should be his choice - I wish it was his choice to opt to wear one, and not to side-step the benefits it provides, but l fell even more strongly about personal rights and will stand by anyone's side who elects to express their own rights.
I always wear my seatbelt, but it's because I've seen and been involved in accidents where they have allowed people to live by using them and I've been in an accident where a passenger was transected by second car after she was thrown clear during a rollover.
I have the seatbelt warning light and truck disabled on my truck, because it irritates the heck out of me when I'm trying to spot a trailer - but when the truck is in drive and uses any gear other than 1st, I click it in !

Old 10-27-2010, 11:11 PM
freestyledude
Captain

I'm the same as Bent. Always use my belt on the road but backing up and driving out in the field jumping in and out of the truck means a seat belt is redundant in that case.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:59 AM
JonnyBlaze420
Professional

Oh my God. Are you serious??? First off, I was a passenger in a car that hit a stopped car waiting to make a turn at 63 miles per hour WITHOUT A SEAT BELT!!! SO DONT ****ING PREACH TO ME ABOUT WEARING ONE!!!! EVEN THE EMTS SAID ID BE WORSE OFF IF I HAD OF BEEN WEARING ONE! So on that note, keep your opinions to yourself as I didnt ask for one.

And I also stated that I wasnt going to going to cut out a buckle from a junk yard and plug it in.

Quick Reply: How Do I Disable Seat Belt Warning Indicator Lamp?