3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New CAI...check it out

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 11:22 AM
drewbie00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, nicely done with the welder. That is the first one I have seen with PVC that looks very professional.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:49 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

THX, I was looking at some on ebay that are NOT metal and they are either K&N or S&B and every one of them is 250-300+

Old 11-04-2010, 10:24 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

If you're worried about water at all, get a hydroshield.

As always, good **** weed

Old 11-04-2010, 10:38 PM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran

hey Weedahoe intake looks good been thinking of building one out of PVC my self with an air scope inside the lower opening in the bumper that leads to the area behind the R/S headlight. I saw the 2nd battery how did you get it hooked up to work, I"m assuming lotsa added power robbers was the reason amp's, radio xtra lights etc. I'm putting a power center in the console together for my lap top and AC/DC converter plus adding xtra driving and back-up lights so I'll need the 2nd battery set up. Stay cool, H

Old 11-04-2010, 10:50 PM
freestyledude
Captain

That lots good, very good. I bet if you put a big price on it people would pay it, if you ask too low of a price you might get lumped in with the 'made in China crap' to the average person that really doesn't know much

Old 11-04-2010, 10:55 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

I would buy one for the right $$$ ..... You could just sell the intake tube, and leave it up to the buyer to purchase the filter of their choice to cut down on cost for you. Hit me up! I have been looking for a good intake for my new truck

Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 PM
sinus19
Veteran

VERY CLEAN!!!!!!! not to hi-jack your thread Weed, but if you make an intake with a shiled, i can make you a "custom" shield, hit me up.

3D desined
Name:  2010-09-27132703.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  7.1 KB
CNC Water jet
Name:  intake2.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  55.9 KB
broken up and weld-stitched
Name:  intake1.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  26.8 KB
IngravedName:  moparintake.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  51.9 KB
or Clean Stainles look

Old 11-05-2010, 07:44 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
If you're worried about water at all, get a hydroshield.

As always, good **** weed
Thanks man....I try.

Originally Posted by DaHipaKea1313
hey Weedahoe intake looks good been thinking of building one out of PVC my self with an air scope inside the lower opening in the bumper that leads to the area behind the R/S headlight. I saw the 2nd battery how did you get it hooked up to work, I"m assuming lotsa added power robbers was the reason amp's, radio xtra lights etc. I'm putting a power center in the console together for my lap top and AC/DC converter plus adding xtra driving and back-up lights so I'll need the 2nd battery set up. Stay cool, H
I have a scoop that will go beside/behind the pass side light like you are saying. It just is not on yet as I have has no need for it. I added the second battery some time back because I added a winch on the truck and that needs lots of power. But as time passed, my mods changed and so did my mind many times. I sold the grill guard and winch but kept the battery. I do have a lot of electronics including 2 sets of HIDs, XBox 360, several TVs, a power inverter, 2 amps, an air compressor and other small stuff. But I am still using my stock 136A alt also. By batteries are 1000CA and 850CCA and I also did my own Big 3 wiring upgrade some time back with either 1/0 or 2/0 (I forget which).

I have another battery tray (drivers side though) if you are interested in it. I was about to throw it away the other day because Im tired of looking at it.

Originally Posted by freestyledude
That lots good, very good. I bet if you put a big price on it people would pay it, if you ask too low of a price you might get lumped in with the 'made in China crap' to the average person that really doesn't know much
Parts and material will run me about 40-50 depending on a few things. Ive got 300 in a plastic welder that I bought to do just MY intake. If I can make enough in other intakes to pay for my welder then i will be happy. Im not trying to get rich off these but do want to cover my investments, you know??

With that being said, as said before S&B and K&N intakes sell for 250-300+ on ebay and are plastic intakes with their branded filter. I will do these at $110 shipped w/o a filter, $125 shipped with a K&N knockoff or $150 shipped with a true K&N.

Originally Posted by bgbluram2
I would buy one for the right $$$ ..... You could just sell the intake tube, and leave it up to the buyer to purchase the filter of their choice to cut down on cost for you. Hit me up! I have been looking for a good intake for my new truck
Thats pretty much the conclusion I have come to. I will leave it up to the buyer to decide how much they want. At $110 shipped for the intake pipe and rubber fitting for the TB, the extra $40 for a filter ($150 total) would be the same price a K&N goes for on ebay.

Originally Posted by sinus19
VERY CLEAN!!!!!!! not to hi-jack your thread Weed, but if you make an intake with a shiled, i can make you a "custom" shield, hit me up.
THX but your shield will not fit on my truck. Remember I have a battery right there with the OEM filter box would go. Again, this intake I made has the specific bends in it to circumvent the placement of that battery location. Normally guys will have that vacant area to add a shielded area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, I just finished two of these and have a few more i will be working on if anyone is interested. This one is primed but not fully painted yet.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:06 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain

make me one infused with a 987ci hemi keith black motor with 4 stage 4 greddys and partridge in a fricken pear tree .... yeah k&n is the way to go... i have the pyrimid filter.... my intake pipes run up over the wheel well from the driving lights into the front of my pyrimid filter... can u say red neck ram air

Old 11-05-2010, 06:26 PM
freestyledude
Captain

Weed is that a double-din conversion?