3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Rammed06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O i had no idea i seen some offered HID installed geuss it was retro fit. But on the good news side i found what caused my HID to go from blue tint to green tint.. the first HID kit i installed the bulbs would not seal so i had to add a some Silicon sealant(very small amount) around the plastic base of the bulb. well i didnt let it try all the way and some of it seaped onto the bulb itself and burnt, so i changed the bulb and this happened again. come to find out its the burn residue left on the reflector lense making it look like a green tint. cleaned it off and is back to normal 8000k blue

Old 03-30-2011, 03:58 PM
MOTORMODABLE

I got my hids installed with a different relay harness that came from hid nation. The only problem is my lampout light is on. The oem connectors hook to resistor harnesses then hook to the hid connectors so I don't see how it can be reading a lampout.

Name:  yhst-128232711012160_2125_682217.gif
Views: 144
Size:  42.5 KB

Similar to the previous step you will repeat the same steps. The difference on this size of the Relay is that now you have a ground and a positive wire that you will need to connect to your battery. Next you will Take the female plug from the relay with the yellow rubber and plug that into the ballast. Once you have done that then you will need to plug the male and female plugs coming out of the ballast to the the male and female plugs coming out of the Xenon Bulbs. On this size of the Relay you will notice that there is an aditional black male plug coming from the relay. This needs to be pluged into the female plug with the yellow rubber coming from the Xenon Bulb. The remaining plug or wires comiing from your Xenon bulb needs to be pluged into your factory harness. If it is a plug make sure that the pins inside are lined up with the factory pins. If It is a wire than make sure you are conencting the positive to the positive and the ground to the gound and High beam to High Beam when applicable.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:44 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

With xenon you have no high beams. If you have a Lamp Out light on and are using xenon (low beams only), what are you doing to trick the high beams with resistors so the Lamp Out doesnt come on?

Old 03-31-2011, 05:36 PM
MOTORMODABLE

Found the problem. One of the prongs in the resistor harness was bent down and wasn't plugging into the oem connector. Straightened it out and no lampout. So now I'm good to go; Thanks for the help.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Atwiss
Professional

a while ago my hids stopped working so i put better splices in and now they just stay on dims even when i change to brights they wont even do the little flash when they change and ideas

Old 04-01-2011, 10:36 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Atwiss, you gotta remind me sometimes so let me ask to be sure, you have bixenons right? So on the bulbs, remember that small black 2 pin almost rectangular plug? Thats the plug that controls the switching from low to high beams. One of those two pics is 12v and the other is ground. So when you switch to high the 12v goes through that plug, into the bulb base, powers the elecromagnet and moves the bulb back or up. If you have no high beams then check those connections to be tight, connected, secure and not corroded. If all that checks out then get a volt meter and check for voltage on those two wires when the high beams are on. If none, the plug the OEM halogen bulb back in and make sure high beam works. If not then check into the trucks wiring. If the high beams with the halogen bulb does work but not with HIDs then check the harness for the HIDs

Old 04-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Atwiss
Professional

yeah i have bixenons ill have to check my bulbs tomorrow

Old 04-24-2011, 11:12 AM
blkramon20s

i Have a quick question on my h.i.d's Ive had the ddm tuning high/low kit in my 07 ram for about 3 months now haven't had a single problem with them every now and then i get a flicker but never bothered me last night i jump in my truck and boom no head lights neither low or high beams kick on. i can hear the relay when i flick the lights on.. and last night after looking around at the ballast and all the wiring trying to find something wrong i touched one of the resistors i had wired in and it was extremly hot. i dont even know were to start to track this problem down. any ideas?

Old 04-24-2011, 12:35 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blkramon20s
i Have a quick question on my h.i.d's Ive had the ddm tuning high/low kit in my 07 ram for about 3 months now haven't had a single problem with them every now and then i get a flicker but never bothered me last night i jump in my truck and boom no head lights neither low or high beams kick on. i can hear the relay when i flick the lights on.. and last night after looking around at the ballast and all the wiring trying to find something wrong i touched one of the resistors i had wired in and it was extremly hot. i dont even know were to start to track this problem down. any ideas?
I get that occasional flicker as well. It has nothing to do with your current issue.
Are you hearing your harness relay clicking or the trucks oem relay clicking? I would check your fuse to your harness. Sounds like a popped fuse to me.
Your resistor is suppose to get hot. It's what they do. They waste energy in the form of heat. if it wasn't hot then I would say the OEM circuit isn't supplying switching power but that's not the case.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:07 PM
blkramon20s

im hearing the oem clicking and i just checked the inline fuse on the ddm kit and it was fine.. last night the lights worked perfect when i shut the truck off then cpl hours later boom my lights wouldnt work when i turned the truck on.. is it possible i blew a ballast? thats all i can think it is now...

Quick Reply: Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...