3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Then those resistor harnesses will fit also because they are H13

Old 04-05-2012, 05:14 PM
rld1965
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but they say when ordering not compadiable. also the kensun manufactuer just sent me a set of cambus ballast . i hooked them up and got the same thing where my hid low beams do not work ?

Old 04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

You arent reading. You arent paying attention and you arent listening.

If you have H13 bulbs then those resistor harness that are also H13 will fit. Quit listening to what ebay say will and wont work. Did you read the first page and see and understand WHY you need load resistors? Did you look at my pictures?

I told you canbus ballast dont normally work and why. Dont try to use them and then come back here telling me they wouldnt work. I already know and told you that.

Buy the resistor harness like everyone else and use them like everyone else and be done with it.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:04 AM
scarbrs

OK i got this resistor set and put them on my 06. One resistor got super hot and the other was cold. Is that normal?
The Lights are powered by the relay harness recomened here. I did not hook the pass resistor up, could that make a differnce. I didn't hook it up cause i didnt know to till the resent post about plugging it even thou your not using the stock harness.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:15 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Yes it is normal for them to get hot, thus the reason why they have metal heat sinks/fins on them - to dissipate heat

You need resistors on both sides meaning drivers side and pass side. They are used to replicate the OEM bulbs. No resistors....no replication = Lamp Out AKA strobing/flashing.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:59 AM
scarbrs

Shouldnt both get hot? Or is it the one thats lite that gets hot. They get hot real fast.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:12 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

If your low beam is on and high beam is off, why would the high beam load resistor get hot? Get it?

Yes they get hot fast. This why we tell you not to put them close to wiring or anything else.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:27 AM
scarbrs

No I get it just checking. The thing was smoking makes you worry. Must be newness burning off.

Back to the Pass side a second were does the resistor plug into, the stock harness I assume? and then it just hangs there?

I been running the HIDs with out them for a year and have been noticing random flashing and im hopping the resistors help.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:25 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah. Plug into the pass size and zip tie up and out of the way and not to anything that will melt

Old 04-07-2012, 05:44 PM
scarbrs

OK All done. Working good as far as i can tell. I hooked the resistor to the stock harness but then also hooked to the buld. The high beam didnt work otherwise. But then was thinking i should unhook the high beam plug from the resistor casue now isnt the TIPM going to see to low a voltage with both the buld and the resistor.
I know you said just plug to the stock plug and and it up but the highbeam won't work other wise. Not that im going to use it but can't flash high with out it.

Quick Reply: Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...