Got *HID* Problems? Check in here... - Page 90 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 3rd Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Old 10-05-2018, 12:38 PM
howie
Default High beams cause HID projectors to turn off.

I bought headlights with a projector and a high beam. After instalation when switching to high beams the projectors go off. when switching back, the hid projectors take a while to come back on and warm up. Where can i get a harness to keep the hids on?

Old 11-06-2018, 04:58 AM
dodgeciho

That would be the next step before anything else IMO

Old 01-03-2019, 09:36 AM
tdactyl
Default All was fine until 3 months after install

I've had a Kensun 8000k HID kit installed for about 6 months now. They've been perfect until a couple months ago when the passenger side would intermittently go off (noticeably when traction control would kick on) Since Kensun wasn't getting back to me in a timely manner and I had a spare harness laying around, I decided to swap it out in the event that was the issue - no go. Hooked up the passenger side to the drivers side, and the drivers to the passenger side - the issue remained as the passenger side (of the vehicle, not the headlamp assembly). All the testing was done with the truck turned off, but the headlight switch turned on (upon getting everything hooked up). By the end of it, I had stock bulbs in which wouldn't turn on on the passenger side. Figured I would make an appointment to get it checked out at the dealership, but low and behold it turned on upon actually starting the vehicle. My fault for thinking it would start without the vehicle running (although it should) - but I'm curious as to what I would need to get these working. The stock bulbs are garbage and I have yet to find a pair of halogens that are worth a ****. After all that rambling, I'm hoping someone has had a similar issue and knows of a fix. I'm hoping it's as simple as just getting a relay harness. Vehicle is a 2018 RAM 2500 Laramie diesel.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:41 PM
MoparFanatic21
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tdactyl View Post
I've had a Kensun 8000k HID kit installed for about 6 months now. They've been perfect until a couple months ago when the passenger side would intermittently go off (noticeably when traction control would kick on) Since Kensun wasn't getting back to me in a timely manner and I had a spare harness laying around, I decided to swap it out in the event that was the issue - no go. Hooked up the passenger side to the drivers side, and the drivers to the passenger side - the issue remained as the passenger side (of the vehicle, not the headlamp assembly). All the testing was done with the truck turned off, but the headlight switch turned on (upon getting everything hooked up). By the end of it, I had stock bulbs in which wouldn't turn on on the passenger side. Figured I would make an appointment to get it checked out at the dealership, but low and behold it turned on upon actually starting the vehicle. My fault for thinking it would start without the vehicle running (although it should) - but I'm curious as to what I would need to get these working. The stock bulbs are garbage and I have yet to find a pair of halogens that are worth a ****. After all that rambling, I'm hoping someone has had a similar issue and knows of a fix. I'm hoping it's as simple as just getting a relay harness. Vehicle is a 2018 RAM 2500 Laramie diesel.
Swap harnesses of it follows the harness it's bad. Or your HID bulb could be failing. How do you like that HID kit? I am running OPT7 and I love them.

Old 01-03-2019, 03:16 PM
tdactyl

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 View Post
Swap harnesses of it follows the harness it's bad. Or your HID bulb could be failing. How do you like that HID kit? I am running OPT7 and I love them.
When they work they're great.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:52 AM
MoparFanatic21
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tdactyl View Post
When they work they're great.
Do you have the anti flicker module?

Old 01-04-2019, 12:12 PM
tdactyl

KenSun is going to send me a harness. (In my original post, I meant to say "ballast" rather than "harness"). Hoping that solves my issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: