3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Keep hearing a beep?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:10 AM
boopadoopa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep hearing a beep?

Ok at least 1 or 2 times a week while driving I can hear a muffled high pitched beep coming from the drivers side door? Its starting to get annoying? Could it be the door lock sensors? Or something for the remote.. Nothing found that would be beeping under seat or anywhere near the door.. Sounds like its in the door.. And its a random beep Anyone else have this happen? ( maybe the dealer or my wife has a hidden GPS unit hidden and its battery is going dead??? ) LOL

Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

LOL.....maybe you should pull the door skin off and check out what may be in the door or at least drive around without the skin on to find the noise.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:43 AM
LinerJoe
Veteran

Originally Posted by boopadoopa
Ok at least 1 or 2 times a week while driving I can hear a muffled high pitched beep coming from the drivers side door? Its starting to get annoying? Could it be the door lock sensors? Or something for the remote.. Nothing found that would be beeping under seat or anywhere near the door.. Sounds like its in the door.. And its a random beep Anyone else have this happen? ( maybe the dealer or my wife has a hidden GPS unit hidden and its battery is going dead??? ) LOL
I had a "random" beep that was a rear brake light out. 1 to 2 times a week doesn't sound like the same thing (unless you don't use your brakes!), but perhaps a bad connection in one of them?

Just a thought, although not a likely solution....

joe

Old 01-17-2011, 01:17 PM
boopadoopa
Professional

yea no dummy light comes on when i hear it and no message in the odometer area either... Its odd??

Old 01-17-2011, 02:14 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you sure it's not the Oil Change chime? When you start your truck, does "Oil Change" illuminate on the LED where the mileage is shown? It does go away after 5sec and shouldn't make any noise while driving.... Low gas chime does the same but while driving.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:40 PM
LinerJoe
Veteran

Same with the brake light out. No dummy lights or anything. It took me awhile to put 2 and 2 together.... press brakes = ding.

joe

Old 01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
boopadoopa
Professional

Oil was changed 1000 miles ago.. I had a low washer fluid chime last week but this one is muffled.. Now my ears can be playing tricks on me and it just sounds like its coming from the door area... Ill drive without the radio for a few days to see again... Watch the stupid thing not make a sound now...

Old 01-17-2011, 02:49 PM
boopadoopa
Professional

Ill check brake lights tonight, washer fluid, wifes computer for a tracking device, look for kids toys,, even brake fluid levels.. ill find this sometime soon I hope

Old 01-17-2011, 03:09 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe the FBI thinks your a terrorist and they stuck one of those tracking devices underneath your truck....lol I remember seeing a Yahoo news clip about some guy going into get his oil change done and found one of those things under his car. FBI came knocking on his door looking for the device back...doh..

be careful what you post...big brother may be listening..haha

Old 01-17-2011, 04:31 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Maybe the FBI thinks your a terrorist and they stuck one of those tracking devices underneath your truck....lol I remember seeing a Yahoo news clip about some guy going into get his oil change done and found one of those things under his car. FBI came knocking on his door looking for the device back...doh..

be careful what you post...big brother may be listening..haha
Yeah I read that same story! haha, seems there was more to the story though... like he was a sex offender or drug dealer or something like that....

Quick Reply: Keep hearing a beep?