3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

replace blend/mode1/mode2 AC doors with OEM or aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:05 AM
Thelast929
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm guessing that's why the fancy connectors are used.
Thanks R6 for all the info and pics, I'll let you guys know in a few weeks how it all goes for me.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:19 AM
boxerguy84
Rookie

Looks like I'll be pulling out my HVAC to do the heatertreater updates to my doors. Thanks for the great pics, it really helped me decide to do it the right way. I'm probably going to buy a vacuum pump since it would be more cost-effective to have one on hand since I need to evacuate/charge my girlfriends Neon next. Can anyone recommend a decent electric vacuum pump? Does anyone know if Autozone loans these out?

Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Wanderer
Veteran

The Speed Channel show Truck U, October 29, 2011 was titled "Dodge Common Problems. Included was the blend door issues and the rear tail light failures. On the blend door, they showed the problem and the fix without taking the dash apart using the the Heatertreater kit. You can find the online version of the show at

http://www.truckutv.com/index.php?op...on-7&Itemid=37

Can not vouch for the products presented, but it is worth everyone's time for the information provided. Thay also provide the links with the vendors installation vidios.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:26 PM
boxerguy84
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wanderer
The Speed Channel show Truck U, October 29, 2011 was titled "Dodge Common Problems. Included was the blend door issues and the rear tail light failures. On the blend door, they showed the problem and the fix without taking the dash apart using the the Heatertreater kit. You can find the online version of the show at

http://www.truckutv.com/index.php?op...on-7&Itemid=37

Can not vouch for the products presented, but it is worth everyone's time for the information provided. Thay also provide the links with the vendors installation vidios.
Bookmarked! Thanks so much.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:56 AM
shortyR6
Professional

This is just an update, although i dont drive the truck much, all the work and heater treater doors are doing fine. I am still pleased with the HT product.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:34 PM
nukey

Hi,
I just wanted to give a short update because I also had to replace my Mode 1, Mode 2 and recirc doors on my 04 ram 1500. I took the IP off as described in this thread, but did not evacuate the A/C or drain the coolant. For all three doors that is not necessary. Mode 1 and recirc were easily accessible with the IP off to the side, for the Mode 2 door I had to cut of a piece of the plastic divider inside the plenum box (which is not of any need anyway) I then installed the heater treater doors with no problems.

The complete job took a little over have a day.

CU
Joe

Attached Thumbnails replace blend/mode1/mode2 AC doors with OEM or aftermarket?-img_0545.jpg  

Quick Reply: replace blend/mode1/mode2 AC doors with OEM or aftermarket?